Chapter 49: A Sort of Nice Evening

I heard footsteps on the other side. Was that Lewis? Why was I so nervous? I shouldn't be this nervous, he's just a guy. I had plenty of friends which were guys. I worked with guys. What made Lewis so different?

There was a sound of a lock clicking and then the wooden door was pulled opened, revealing a chirpy Janet standing by the door. "Kayla." She beamed. "Wonderful to see you dear, come in, come in!"

The slender woman pulled me inside. "Hi." I breathed, tripping over my own feet.

Once I had regained my balance, I looked up to still see a huge smile on her face. "How are you dear?"

"Um...good I guess."

"That's good." She dropped her voice. "How's the modelling been?" 

"Why are you whispering?" I asked, in an equally soft voice.

"My daught-"

"Kayla!" My eyes shot upwards. Kara. The teenager who couldn't stop asking me questions the last time I was here. She was standing in an archway, already in her mismatched pyjamas.

"Hey Kara." I laughed as her eyes lit up.

"I have so many questions to ask you." She breathed, dashing over to her mother and I. "I've been researching you so much since the last time you were here, and I saw the Victoria's Secret Show, my god you were amazing, I loved it, I loved your wings, my favourite had to be you Paris outfit, loved, so anyway, my brother really liked it too, he said-"

"That's enough!" A voice cut off Kara's rant. The voice came from the direction of the stairs and there stood a track pants cladded Lewis, still trying to towel dry his wet hair. "Hey." He smiled.

"Evening." I laughed, taking in the scene.

He scurried down the stairs towards me, offering me his hand. I stared at it, but only for a second, before taking it. Janet squealed, and Kara's eyes seemed to bulge with happiness. 

His grin grew and squeezed my hand before guiding me to his bedroom. "See you guys." I waved at the two girls still standing by the door.

They waved back in return, a different kind of happiness etched on each of their faces. I couldn't help but grin. Was this because of me? Were they staring at us for some unknown reason I was unaware of?

As we entered Lewis's room, it appeared different. It seemed to have been cleaned up a bit, as there were no longer clothes and books strewn across the floor. I headed for the bed, moving a damp towel away from it. "So I take it you weren't expecting me?" I sniggered.

A light shade of crimson spread across his cheeks, he was embarrassed. "Yeah, sorry about that. I went for a late run and I didn't realise my mum was going to do that."

I tilted my head to the side, slightly confused. "Do what?" 

"You know." He gestured moving his hands forward. I shook my head. "Sorry, she tends to come on too strong."

"No worries. Has she done that with all the girls you've brought home?"

Lewis's blush returned. Did I say something wrong? "I've never brought a girl home before." He stated, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh." My eyes slightly widen. I wasn't expecting that. He just seemed like the character that had all his track mates and I just figured girls were in that mix. "Well I consider it an honour."

His vulnerable gaze disappeared at that, happy that I had laughed about it. "So what do you want to do?" He asked, now taking a seat next to me.

I shrugged. "First, I want to get these shoes off." I said, pulling my gladiators off. "Then I want to pull off this jacket." I dumped the denim on the ground next to my shoes. "And now I want to do this." I turned my head back towards Lewis who was looking at me his eyes wide in excitement.