Chapter 27: Could It Get Any Worse

The next morning Lola had to cancel all my appointments and clear my schedule. I woke up at comfortable 9:00am, I hadn't woken up this late since last Christmas.

I opened my eyes still in bed, I gently lifted myself up to a sitting position, only to be greeted by Lola staring at me.

"How you doing kiddo?"

"My head hurts." I said, rubbing my forehead.

"Here." She gave me a glass of water.

"Do you have any painkillers?"

"You can only have them every twelve hours."

"Then how much longer?" I complained aggravated.

"3 hours."

"Ugh." I moaned. I felt so drained.

Knowing that me being sick was not going to stop Lola from pushing me, I started trying to get out of bed, but she stopped me. "What do you think you are doing?"

"Going to get dressed."

"No, you are on bed rest."

"What?" I asked, truly surprised. "This is a first."

Lola laughed. "True, but you need your rest."

"Thank god." I said, slouching back into bed.

"But." Lola started. I knew it was to good to be true. "You have a doctors appointment at 3:00."

Well I guess that's okay. I nodded taking in her information, enjoying the silence. That was until my stomach growled.

"Um...Lola."

"Yeah." She said turning around to face me from the window.

"Can I have something to eat?"

"Of course." She grabbed me an apple and gave it to me. I looked at the green fruit, disappointed.

"Lola?" She looked at me. "I mean something real to eat, as in carbs and sugar and fat."

This made her look a little scared. "That is not real food! That is junk! And you don't mind having an apple every other day. Just because you are on a rest day, does not mean you can pig out like that." She was trying to take control of the situation but this time I was not going to let her have it.

"Please, I have already done the VS show. I deserve an indulge."

"How long ago did you have junk?"

"Maybe...a month ago."

"But how will you work it off?" She countered.

"When I am feeling up to it, I will."

"No."

"Lola come on. My body needs fuel."

She considered this point for a minute. "Fine, but I chose what you're getting."

"Fine." I said, happy the argument was over.

Lola phoned room service while I continued to lay in bed. "Yes, can I please order room service. We are room 427." She paused. "Can I please get the poached eggs deluxe, one Belgium waffle without the syrup and sauce, and one glass of the vegetable smoothie....Thank you."

She put down the phone and I looked at her in astonishment. "What?" She asked, rather curious as to why I was staring.

"Nothing, I was just expecting that you taking it easy was toast, but no I'll shut up. I'm happy." I raised my hands in defence and laid back down before the food arrived.