Chapter 18: Bonds Being Strengthened

I slowly unlocked the door to the cubicle, just wanting to get their reactions out of the way, and swung it open.....

I heard Sami gasp and Shay's mouth dropped to the floor. The bell rang, great this bathroom will be flooded with girls any minute.

Not really thinking I pulled them into the cubicle. "What? How?" They said together.

"Guys its still me." I said putting on the glasses, but it wasn't the same. They both continued to stare at me.

"How long?" Sami stuttered out.

"3 years."

"What! Why didn't you tell us?"

"I didn't tell anybody."

"Why?" Shay asked.

And there I told them the story, from the beginning to the end, even when Luke found out. They listened intensively, wanting to try and wrap their heads around this.

"So you could look like this when ever you want?" I nodded, somewhat confused with the question. "I still don't get why you hid." I tried to but in. "I mean why would you want to hide this." She indicated to my body, I gave a slight giggle.

Sami forgave me with a massive hug, while Shay was still hesitant. Since we were in a cubicle it was a tight squeeze. "I can't believe I didn't see it." Shay was proud, she didn't like to admit that she was wrong. "I practically stalked Kayla Mac- I mean you. And I never put it together. I feel so stupid."

"It's okay Shay. I just didn't want anybody to know." She kept staring at the floor. Sami and I exchanged looks, we knew what to do. We went to either side of her, without her noticing and began to tickle her.

She couldn't help but erupt into to giggles. She begged for us to stop, but we were determined.

Eventually we did stop but very reluctantly, by the end Shay was clutching her stomach in agony. Shay and I high-fived. When we heard the door to the bathroom, girls had started coming.

I looked at Sami with desperate eyes. "I need your help. You need to get those girls out of here." She nodded and unlocked the cubicle. I hid behind the door while she dragged Shay out with her.

"Girls." I heard their talking die down. "You may want to leave."

"And why is that?"

"I flooded the toilet, the bathroom will be filled with disgusting water in a matter of minutes." This made the girls squeal and run out the door. Sami tapped on my door. "We'll keep watch."

I waited ten seconds before making my way to the mirror, I quickly put on the wig and glasses. Then began to change out of my 'Kayla' outfit. I took off the high heels and put on my worn out sneakers, replaced my couture top with my simple black t-shirt, and my took off my expensive high-waisted shorts only to be replaced by my khaki coloured cargo pants.

Once I had triple checked my outfit in the mirror and had placed my 'other' clothes into my backpack, I made my way out of the bathroom. Just as I exited the room the bell rang. I sluggishly made my way to my locker. I still hadn't eaten anything all day.

I had art. I smiled, this was the only subject that I convinced my parents to allow me to do. They chose the rest. As I grabbed my art book, I saw Josh in the hallway. He waved to me but I just shuffled away, avoiding his gaze.

That was when his face full with concern, and he rocketed after me. I wasn't fast enough, and he reached me just before I got to my classroom. "What's wrong?" He asked, worried.I stared at the floor. "Alice tell me. What happened?"