Chapter 8: Anger is a Funny Thing

When I woke up the next morning, I was greeted by Lola sitting at the dining table.

"Ready?" I don't even get a good morning anymore.

"For what, sorry?"

"You're shooting the cover of Vogue Australia."

"Right, I'll just be a minute." Once out of the room, I dashed upstairs. When I had gotten into my room, I quickly picked out an outfit. They were simple dark grey skinny jeans, a black singlet and a nice dark purple scarf. I slipped on my black ankle boots and was out the door.

Lola and I got in the car and drove off. On the way there my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey Alice, glad I caught you. It's Luke, I'm on my way to your house. I figured we could finish off the project today."

"Luke. I can't."

"I'm already on my way, can't you make an exception."

"No I really can't."

"Why?"

"I'm going to a photoshoot."

"Oh really? When do you want to finish the project?"

"I should be home by six. So why don't you come over at seven."

"Okay." He paused. "I've been meaning to tell you that my parents loved you."

"Well, that's good."

"Yes and no."

"What do you mean?" I asked, skeptically.

"Well, now they expect me to bring you around more often."

"No way."

"Why not?"

"You're parents judge me too much and its not even on the real me. I would rather not have to play the perfect girlfriend. I mean its hard work, your parents expect so much."

"Tell me about it." He stated.

"Say you broke up with me." I said out of desperation.

"No, they'll never go for it."

"Then what am I meant to do Sherlock."

"How about you just continue being my girlfriend. Its not that bad is it."

"I don't have time."

"Well make time."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. If you don't do this, remember your little secret goes public."

"That's not fair."

"Isn't it? Because I recall you saying you agreed to be my girlfriend until my parents got off my back."

"My day is too packed."

"That's not my problem. I'll see you at seven." He hung up.

I took the phone away from my ear. Lola looked at me from the drivers seat. "You alright kiddo?"

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"You don't sound fine."

I breathed. "You know how I told you about that Luke guy who found out my secret last week." She nodded. "Well he's forcing me to go out with him, so he'll keep my secret."

"What's so bad about that? Blackmail can be a thousand times worse."

"What's so bad is that I won't have any free time, I will barley get any sleep and I already live on caffeine, what do you expect me to do."