Chapter 4: Dish the Dirt

I awoke the next morning at 6:00 thanks to my stupid alarm clock. Thank god it’s Friday. When I lifted my head my summaries stuck to my cheek. I took the sticky paper off my cheek and went to have a shower.

Once I was out I did my usual routine. I picked out a simple outfit, a plaid skirt and a cream wooly jumper on top. Topped off with black stockings and maroon ankle boots.

Though these clothes aren’t exactly pretty, I do add my own personal touches to them. I put my now blonde hair into a ponytail and placed my dorky glasses on. I smiled at myself in the mirror, if only people knew.

As I giggled to myself, I started heading downstairs to get breakfast. On my way down, I could smell pancakes. My favourite. When I entered the kitchen I saw my mum busily working at the stove.

“Morning.” I said, heading towards the fridge.

“Morning, sweetheart.”

“How was work yesterday?”

“Not that interesting. How was your day?”

“Oh not to bad, I found out what I’m wearing in Victoria Secret.”

She spun around. “And?”

“And I get two sets of wings, the costumes are amazing. I love them.”

“What are the themes this year?” She asked eagerly.

“Now if I told you, I’d have to kill you.” My mum laughed.

She handed me a plate of pancakes and I couldn’t wait to dig in. When I walked into the dinning room, I was surprised to see my brother up. He was talking to my dad.

“Morning.” I said, plopping into my usual seat across from him.

“Morning.” My dad said, lifting his head from his paper.

“So?” Josh asked.

“So what?”

“Are you coming to Golden Globes with me or not?”

“I thought you were joking when you said that.”

“No it’s my birthday present to you.”

“I knew there was something behind it.”

He laughed. “You know me too well.”

“As I do.” I said popping a piece of pancake into my mouth. It was delicious. Once I swallowed I proceeded. “I would love to go.”

“Great.” We finished breakfast in silence, enjoying the incredible pancakes melting in our mouths. Once all my pancakes were gone, I couldn’t help but frown.

“Where’s Lily?” I asked my mum, handing her my plate.

“She’s sick.”

“Oh really? Do you think she’d be up?”

“She should be.”

“Okay, see you tonight.” I said giving her a peck on the cheek.

Before we left I headed for Lily’s room. I knocked. “Come in.” I heard Lily say in a weak voice.

“How you going Buggalugs?” She laughed at the name.

“Bad. My head and tummy hurt.”

“Must have been from that horrible porridge yesterday.” I joked.

She smiled. “That was my guess.” She said sarcastically. This time she made me smile.

“Well I have to get to school.” I kissed her head. “Get better soon.”