Chapter 25: Christmas

SHORT CHAPTER!!! I didn't want to ruin the sweetness by making it too long

Christmas at the Survey Corps is rarely something to celebrate, but they just returned from a mission in which no one died, however, Isabel, Farlan and Destiny are nowhere to be found "Come on" Isabel says dragging Destiny along "Why are we heading to our clearing?" the white haired girl asks "You'll see" Isabel says. They arrive at the clearing and Destiny smiles slightly "But Levi is going to attend the feast at the Survey Corps" she says "He won't if you want to spend time with him" Farlan says "Got a point there" Destiny mumbles and she sighs "But I don't have a present" she says before looking at the wool she has in the bag and her unfinished scarf "You can finish that while we get everything ready" "But it's hideous" Destiny says showing her half finished work "He'll like it anyway" Farlan says.

So Destiny goes to fetch Levi before dinner and she finds him talking to Mikasa "Levi" she says quietly "I'd like to talk to you" she adds "Sure what is it?" Levi asks and he sees Destiny fiddling with her present, which she hands him after a short moment of hesitation "You don't have to do anything with it, but Merry Christmas" she says and she mumbles a quiet "And happy birthday" before running off, leaving Levi and Mikasa "What?" Mikasa asks "Open it" she says so Levi puts his tea down, his sees the scarf and smiles slightly "Didn't know her hobby was knitting" Mikasa says "Same here" Levi says and he finishes his tea before following after his friend. When he finds her she's rubbing her hands to keep them warm, so he takes off his gloves "Here" he says making her look at him and she slowly takes them "They're warm" she says putting them on "Wool is warm in general yeah" he says "However, do you think you can just hand me a present, say what you want to say and run off" he adds taking her now gloved hands in his "B-but it's horrible, the length isn't even and there are probably-", she doesn't get to finish her ranting when Levi kisses her "That might be true" he whispers "But it came from you" he says "And even if there are holes in it, you made it, which makes it more valuable to me then anything else" "Can you come with me?" she asks "For old times sake?" "I'd go almost anywhere with you Des. You know that". 

When they enter the clearing Farlan, Isabel and Mikasa are there "Happy birthday!" Isabel and Farlan say "I thought you'd have more confidence" Isabel teases Destiny, who grumbles "He's probably not even wearing it" "He is actually" Farlan says making the short girl look up and she smiles slightly "This is better then being stuck in HQ" Levi says and he hands all three a present "But I already-" "Just open it" Levi says, which she does and she smiles slightly seeing a beanie "It's not handmade, but-", Destiny puts it on and she smiles brightly "It's perfect" she says "This is the best birthday ever" he mumbles pulling them in a hug, Mikasa smiles and she takes a picture before walking over and Farlan mentions her over and she's pulling into the group hug "You know we'll try to top it next year right?" Isabel asks earning a chuckle "You can try" is the answer.