Chapter 6: News

The day after Petra was assigned as Hanji's assistant started with a rather loud Eren "Commander Erwin wants to talk to you!" he yells, earning a glare, Destiny was still sleeping and since Levi couldn't just enter her room, which was shared with Mikasa and Sasha, he put her on his own bed "Also Destiny has to come too sir" he says making the short Corporal get up "Of you go, I'll go and wake her up", Eren nods and leaves the gather the other squad leaders and Levi enters his room and see Destiny completely under the covers with a pillow on her head "The commander wants to see us" he says pulling the blanket away "Fine" the girl mumbles, she didn't want to get up, but had to anyway. So they arrive at Erwin's office to see Hanji and Mike there as well "I feel out of place" Destiny says with a sigh "I called you because a letter arrived this morning" Erwin says and he adds "From outside the walls", everyone is quiet, until Levi asks "So what does it say?" "Someone claiming to be Destiny's father will be here tomorrow morning, probably to take her away" Erwin explains and Levi tilts his head "Des, you told me you were left to rot in the underground" he says earning a nod "I was send to the underground for some reason I don't know, that's where Farlan found me" she explains holding back the tears "I don't want to meet him" she says "If he's my father then where has he been my entire life?!" she asks and Levi sighs "I'll stay with you, now let's get you something to eat", the two leave and Hanji asks "That's not all is it?" "Unfortunately no" Erwin says and he adds "Get everyone to the wall to act as guards, if the letter is right Destiny might very well be able to control Titans" "That would explains why Eren suddenly listened to her and stopped bothering Jean, she was pretty pissed" Mike says and he adds "Not to mention we might be able to find more Titan Shifters", Hanji nods "But when I tested everything, there's nothing weird, she's just a normal human" she says and sighs "We'll see tomorrow".

At the mess hall Levi is deep in thought "That frown doesn't suit you" Destiny says eating some bread "I'm just wondering why your own father would dump you in the underground and then come for you again" Levi says looking at her "What about your mother?" he asks and Destiny sighs "Dead, killed by Titans" she says and adds "Don't remember much about her to be honest". Then Hanji suddenly burst in and says "Destiny you're going to help me today!" "No" Levi says earning a pout from the scientist "I just wanted to test something" Hanji says, but is met with two glares "I get it..." Hanji mumbles and leaves, Levi sighs and says "That was almost too random" "Agreed on that one, but it's Hanji" Destiny says. Mikasa comes in with a red eared Eren and the black haired girl drags her brother over "This idiot was going through your stuff" she says and adds "And he took something too". Levi glances at Eren who is trying to run away "I just found something that doesn't belong here" he says and Destiny says "Hand. It. Over. Now!", without even hesitating Eren hands her what looks like a necklace and Destiny blinks in surprise "How did I do that?" she asks looking at Levi "Guess you will be helping Hanji today, don't worry, I'll stay with you, now Ackerman, keep that idiot out of rooms he's not suppose to be in" he says earning a nod from Mikasa and he leaves with Destiny. The two arrive at Hanji's experiment ground and Petra says "Look who's here, the weird one" "I wish you'd die sometimes" Destiny says bluntly as Hanji turns to the group "What made you change your mind?" she asks and Levi explains the situation "I see, this could prove useful" Hanji says and she adds "We think you can control Titans, Eren is a Titan shifter, so it makes sense that you'll be able to do that sometimes". Destiny grabs Hanji by her shirt and asks "And what was the reason no one told me that?" "It was in the letter too, Mike and I just found out" Hanji says, so she's let go "I know it's much to take in, but we have to keep it a secret" Levi says and he glances at Petra "If I find out you told anyone I will personaly feed you to the Titans" he says earning a nod.

The next morning however he finds a letter on his desk, so he reads it "That bloody idiot" he says and runs of, he had to catch up with her before she got hurt thanks to Petra, again. Erwin is outside saddling up his horse and asks "Where are you going?" "After Destiny. Petra told everyone she can control Titans so she left" Levi says saddling his horse "That explains the looks of disgust she was getting from nearly everyone, but Levi, bring her back safely" Erwin says and with that Levi is of too. He sees her horse in the distance and sighs "Come on" he mumbles to his horse, he follows her into a side forest where she seems to stop, so he asks "Where are you going?", but she just mentions him to be quiet, he soon realizes why when he see a group of 7 cloaked people riding towards the wall "If my dad gets his hands on me I'm doomed and so are you guys" she whispers and looks at him "Why did you come after me?" "I want to bring you back, I promised Erwin to bring you back safely" Levi says, but he sighs "But if you really want to leave I'll come along, can't keep you save otherwise" he says and puts her on his horse "You should write Erwin a note though" she says, but Levi shakes his head and he rides of "Lucky me my horse likes me" Destiny says as she grabs the reigns "You know Levi, while we're out here we might ad well get rid of some Titans don't you think?" she asks earning a chuckle "Learn how to use your ability first" he says ruffling her hair. Erwin however is at the top of the wall watching the two and he sighs, but he could have expected that "As long as he brings her back safely it's fine" he says and Hanji asks "You sure? We just lost two of our best fighters" "I'm sure" Erwin says and he adds "But we have visitors to deal with, let them in".