Chapter 8: Regret?

Levi was happy with how everything turned out, but there was this annoying feeling of guilt swelling up, guilt he left the Survey Corps to fight on their own, Destiny didn't seem to feel it, probably because she still hated everyone for treating her the way they did after finding out "Levi, dinner's ready, if you can call it that anyway" Adam says looking at the food his sister came up with "What did you call it again?" he asks and Destiny says "Surprise stew", she needed to work on naming it "I tasted it, it's edible" she adds and sighs "And not sure what else you guys would think of it". Levi goes inside and says "I looks good and smells good" "Look Adam, at least we won't starve to death, plus there's a small lake nearby with fish" Destiny says and sighs "I fail at fishing though", Levi raises an eyebrow and says "Well let's eat, unless you're scared you get sick of course" "I'll eat. Destiny has the worst puppy eyes ever" Adam says and Destiny sits down "We need more wood, we only have two good chairs" Levi says and the other two sigh "I agreed that we can leave the outside as it is to prevent anyone from looking for us here".

Erwin is looking at a map, Hanji had been so kind to steal the maps from Destiny's father "Where would they have gone to?" Mike asks and Erwin says "Well there's an abandoned village here and an abandoned farm here, they could be at both" "Destiny would pick the farm" Mikasa says from her spot on the chair, she was to lead Levi's squad until he and Destiny came back "Why would you think that?" Hanji asks so Mikasa walks over "For starters it has stables, if they're lucky there are still seeds left they can plant for food and there's a lake with fish nearby, not to mention the farm comes with a well that has clean water" she says pointing to the things as she names them "On the other hand, the abandoned village is close to the camp and while they would have medical supplies there it's not a risk either would take, not after you told the damn guy Destiny's dead". Erwin thinks this over and says "Hanji, take Sasha, Reiner and his buddy with you and investigate the farm, both Levi and Destiny are smart, do not let anything deceive you" "Wait why the other two?" Hanji asks and Mikasa says "Reiner and his buddy and on our top suspect lift of being Titan shifters, they don't know that Destiny is alive and they weren't sad at all that she or Levi left, they were the exact opposite" "True" Mike says "And they kinda smell like Titan shifters" he adds.

So Hanji leaves three hours later hoping to reach the farm before the night is over.

Destiny is fixing the roof when Levi calls her down for some tea "In a minute, the second bedroom is almost ready for use again" she says and she heads down two minutes later "And done, now you two have a bedroom, a shared one, but still" she says and she sits on the ground "So why is everything planted behind the house?" Adam asks and Levi says "Just in case they do come here, the well is there and it's closer to the kitchen" "Who'd come looking for you two here?" Adam asks causing Destiny to look down "Well Mikasa knows me good enough to pick a farm over a village" she says "True" Levi says and he sighs "Levi, if you want to go back I won't stop you" Destiny suddenly says making both males confused "I can read you like a book Levi" she says and walks over to him "So it's fine" she says "I can't, not without you Des, I promised to bring you back" Levi says and Destiny crosses her arms "And I don't wanna go back" she says "Not after what they did" she adds quietly "I'm sure they changed their minds already" Levi says and he adds "But I understand". Adam looks at the two confused and he asks "What did they do?" "Treat me like I'm a monster because I control Titans" Destiny says heading upstairs "I'm gonna sleep, Levi, you take the blanket today" "I found a new one" Adam says and he adds "It needs to be fixed though" "I'll fix it, Destiny I don't want you to catch a cold" Levi says and the girl shrugs and head upstairs "You know, she's right, if you want you can head back" Adam says and he looks upstairs "I can keep her save" he says, Levi sighs "I'll think about it" he mumbles and Adam hands him the other blanket before heading outside to keep watch.

When Hanji and her group arrive they are nearly shot with an arrow "State your business" Adam says from the roof "We're looking for Levi" Hanji says and Adam smirks "That's too bad, he's not here, I do who is though, my little sister" he says and Destiny aims an arrows at Reiner's head "And I do not easily miss" she says and Reiner looks horrified "Let's get away from here" he says and Hanji smirks "Go ahead and leave" "No, stay!" Destiny says, she knew why Erwin had send the other two along "Well why aren't you leaving?" Sasha asks and Destiny jumps down "The reason they want to leave is because of me, but now that I know that" she says and whistles "Big buddy, I got food for you!" she says and looks at the two horrified guys "You get a headstart, but here's the catch, no changing forms!" she says and the two ride of quickly "What did you do?" Sasha asks and Adam says "Destiny has become big buddies with an adnormal" Levi says walking over and rubbing his eyes "What do you want Shitty Glasses?" he asks and Hanji says "We want you to come back, both of you" "I don't want to" Destiny says and she adds "I left for a reason" "Everyone misses you, Petra got kicked out of Levi's squad" Hanji says and Destiny crosses her arms "Really? That does't really help me out since she's still there" she says and sighs "She doesn't like me at all" "Maybe she will stop if we show her it's pointless to try more things" Levi says earning several confused looks, so Levi walks over to Hanji who had gotten of her horse and Levi whispers something in her ear "Levi, you do know you're gonna regret that right?" Destiny asks as Hanji gets a huge grin on her face "Consider it done" she says and Levi says "Just don't go overboard" "Got it" Hanji says, the grin not leaving her face making Sasha, Destiny and Adam, obviously, worried as hell.