Chapter 14: Camping trip

"No, that's not coming either" Destiny says looking through Levi's closet "There we go" she says holding up Levi's old outfit "So where are we going with the tents broken?" Levi asks looking up from his paperwork "The farmhouse, we're going to fix it" Destiny says putting the bag on the couch "And we got permission to bring one of the carts with us, Mikasa's coming too by the way, Farlan's idea" she adds earning a tired sigh "Stop working" she says earning a glare, but she simply takes his stack and walks off "Come back" Levi says following her, limping ever so slightly. "Destiny why are you carrying that stack?" Hanji asks spotting the girl "Levi's overworking himself, so good luck" Destiny says handing the stack of work to the scientist "Shitty glasses give those back, they're important" Levi says, but Hanji simply grins and enters the lab/office saying "Not happening".

The 5 leave in the afternoon and Destiny is humming while rechecking the supplies "With this much we can even improve it" she says plopping down next to Levi who made himself comfortable opposite of Farlan and Isabel, since Mikasa knows the way to the farmhouse "Did we bring extra blankets?" Farlan asks and Mikasa says "Yes you put those in yourself". Destiny rests her head on Levi's shoulder and hides a yawn "Let's just rest up until we get there" Isabel says and Farlan looks at Levi "Does it mean our friend group goes from four to five since you allowed Mikasa to come?" he asks and Levi sweatdrops "As long as she keeps her mouth shut about Yeager" "Don't worry Corporal, Farlan is a lot better then Eren" Mikasa says and she adds "And you should be careful, I think Eren has a thing for Destiny, ever since he found out she can control Titans though" "If he even as much as touches her I'll beat the crap out of him" Levi comments dryly putting an protective arm around Destiny "I like it when you get slightly possessive, but I'll beat him first, I can try to get him to hate me though, he can't hurt me if he tried" she says snuggling closer to him "Also Mika, we're on vacation, just call him Levi" she adds earning a sweatdrop "I'll try" Mikasa says.

They arrive sooner then expected and Mikasa sweatdrops "The Titans sure made a mess of things" she says, but Destiny says "We should start with the outside and then the hidden basement", so they get to work, without Levi, who was stuck at the cart. "We need a new door for this place too" Isabel says and she adds "If we ever get to live outside the walls I wouldn't mind if we settled in here" "Not many know where it is, it's perfectly hidden and we can destroy the map" Levi says holding it up "Or we keep it here. Can I do something that doesn't involve carrying stuff?" he asks and Mikasa thinks for a while "Yes, you can start with the furniture" she says helping Destiny get on the roof since she's the lightest of them all "We need to destroy this and start from scratch" she says lightly pushing the boards and she jumps down, landing on her feet.

In 6 hours it's dark, but they have the main structure and are starting on the roof "Tired" Destiny says sitting on the cart handing Levi some wood "That table big enough?" he asks and Mikasa nods "Yep" she says. They only had to do the roof and the inside "I made a shower outside, it's in that tiny hut" Destiny says and she yawns "How come only Des and Isabel are tired?" Farlan asks, so Levi says "They carried most stuff, you and Mikasa did all the building work", the two girl fall asleep about half an hour later so Levi says "As soon as we finish the roof and stairs we should put the furniture in" "Good idea".

The next morning Isabel and Farlan walk backwards when they come face to face with a Titan "Ah good" Levi says getting on the roof with Destiny's help "How is it good that a Titan showed up out of nowhere?" Farlan asks, but Mikasa smiles saying "It's a friend" "Gotta go and do a quick sweep of the area, you guys get everything ready" Destiny says climbing to the Titans shoulder. When she comes back she sees most things already in place "Mika, was my brother really dead? He's limping this way" Destiny points out so she adds "He didn't see me of course" "I'm killing that guy when I see him" Levi says testing the doors in the house "He won't make it here, he's weak and the weaker we get, the more Titans will see us as prey, in fact, they will choose us over other humans" Destiny says. She's proven wrong when Adam barely makes it and Mikasa has to stop Levi from doing anything stupid "Get lost" Destiny simply says adding shutters to the attic window "How can you say that?" Adam asks, so Mikasa sums up "You betrayed us, nearly got Levi killed and nearly killed us" "So get lost" Isabel says bluntly and Adam sees the Titan helping the group "I can be more of a help then that Titan" he says, but he jumps sideways and looks behind him to see two dagger in the ground "Get lost, the next one will hit" Destiny says and she climbs down to get the daggers back "I'm your brother" he tries, but in one swift movement Destiny kicks him away "I don't have any bloodrelated family" she says and he finally gets the hint. "Windows are good to go" Mikasa says, the three had worked through the night so they were almost finished "Finally" Farlan says with a yawn, just a few more hours and their vacation could really begin. "Kill him" Destiny says looking at her brother and the Titan looks at her "We'll be fine, go chase him" she says so the Titan sets off "You're cold blooded" Farlan comments so Destiny hugs Levi tightly "He tried to kill Levi, besides, have you seen these two?" "They can be pretty nasty" Farlan says. They put in the last stuff and they get off the roof "Done" Mikasa says and they hear footsteps heading towards them and in seconds Mikasa heads off to check, coming back with some Titan blood on her blades "Several were heading this way", however before they can even relax half a day Hanji shows up "We've spotted a beast Titan" she says and she adds "It seems to be a Titan Shifter and it's heading towards the wall" "And you came here because?" Levi asks "Because you guys are the closest to it" Hanji says so Farlan asks "Me and Isabel aren't part of the Survey Corps anymore, so what could we possibly do?" "I'll just be borrowing Des here" Hanji says attempting to drag the girl off, but Mikasa and Levi both kick her away "I'll go, without my gear, I have my dagger, should be enough to kill him" Destiny says getting picked up by another Titan who puts her on its head "If you die I'm blaming four eyes" Levi comments.

When she comes back three hours later she hugs Levi and she stays quiet for a moment "Am I dangerous to be around?" she asks getting several confused looks and she tosses her dagger on the floor "My mom got mentioned and I suddenly snapped, don't remember much after that besides hearing the words 'You're a danger to everyone around you'. I don't know anymore" "You're not dangerous" Levi says hugging back "You couldn't kill a fly if you wanted to" he adds, Hanji takes the dagger and says "If this isn't yours then who is it from?", Destiny shrugs and heads to the stairs "I'm heading upstairs" "Not like that you won't" Mikasa says raising an eyebrow "Has this happened before?" Hanji asks earning a nod "But it was when I was just a kid and wasn't in the underground, I had a fight with a friend and I don't remember what happened after that besides finding my friend the next day in the medical tent badly injured, he said the same thing, just in different words, I locked myself up in my tent for four days straight, didn't drink or eat trying to remember what I did. My dad seemed almost pleased to hear it, my mother was worried and she took me to the walls, or tried, she didn't make it. Rumors went around that she had become a Titan or other things, most people think she's dead", Hanji thinks for a while and says "Maybe it's a bloodline thing" "Then my guess is that only females have it" Destiny says and she heads upstairs, not wanting to answer more questions.