Chapter 3: The Expedition

Over the days the girls all had to watch as Destiny was being trained by Hanji and Erwin while trying to make sure she didn't hurt herself, Erwin had taken the dagger away. "I can't believe she allowed herself to go through with that" Sasha says, they were put in teams and Destiny was in a team with Mikasa and Sasha who had specific order 'not to let her out of sight' "They got a new member? How odd" a few in the crowd say and Destiny clenches her fist, she would show them all she was strong enough "Stay calm or you'll get yourself killed within the hour" Levi says seeing the girl he forgot acting that way, he kept wondering why he felt so protective over her. "I'll be fine!" Destiny says, they leave and have to split up. There weren't any Titans yet, so they could still take it easy, but not let their guard down, something that Mikasa said made Levi remember his dead friends and how they died, but he wondered if Destiny really would try to get herself killed, he hoped not.

They reach a small but thick forest and it's still awfully quiet out there "Something's not right" Destiny says glancing around and she uses her gear to get on top of one of highest trees and her eyes widen as she sends a red flare, they were surrounded, and worst of all Levi was nearly out of the forest with his squad, she jumps down and gets on her horse "Get moving" she says and rides of, the other two following "I guess there are smart Titans" Sasha says and Destiny says "No they're not smart, but they're not stupid either, we have to hurry", Mikasa glances at Sasha and then at the girl they were suppose to protect "You're not going" she says and Destiny stops her horse "She's right Des, the Corporal can take care of himself, we don't have to help him". They head on and get out of the forest killing as less Titans as they could, they were to meet up at a town where they would make camp after getting rid of the Titans there "At least there are barely any Titans here so you can't get yourself killed" Mikasa says and Destiny rolls her eyes saying "I know Mikasa", Sasha sighs "But it's also too quiet" she says and adds "Normally we'd have seen a flare by now". This is sadly enough true which makes all three wonder if the others were alright "What should we do, we won't reach the town for another day" Mikasa says and Destiny says "We keep going, if we leave our spot we're all going to get a lecture from Levi, well you will, I won't since he hasn't giving me one yet" "Of course not, he's avoiding you" Sasha says and she adds "But we should get there as soon as possible", a whole day passes and they arrive at the town where Erwin instantly orders "Get Levi's squad backup, they're dealing with the Titans" "Going" the three say, they were tired, but they couldn't disobey orders, Destiny kills a Titan sneaking up behind Levi before heading to the other one while keeping an emotionless face "Don't go so fast, you'll run out of gas quicker" Levi says, but only then does he notice that Destiny doesn't use it all the time, she lands on a Titan's shoulder, and kills it while running to the other shoulder before moving on. "Well that sure saves gas" Eren says dodging a Titan which Mikasa killed instantly after that "It won't if you're being reckless" Levi says. After taking care of the Titans they head back and Levi is carrying Destiny who's too tired to move, since the others had left when they could "I see she finally fell asleep" Erwin says while Mikasa takes the girl from Levi "What's up with her anyway? It's like she wants to die" he says making Erwin look at him "Because you are all she has left, Isabel and Farlan are dead, when I told her she nearly broke down crying, but she said they probably didn't want to see her cry" he explains and Mikasa says "She told me she looked up to you since you grew up together, guess she was disappointed". Levi looks at the white haired female tilting his head slightly "I just can't remember" he says, this makes Hanji turn to him "Because in all of the memories she's in you were probably with Isabel and Farlan as well" she says and adds "But you can ponder about it later, get some sleep first"

The next morning, way too early to be up they are woken by the sound a footsteps, loud footsteps "It's too early for Titans right?" Mikasa asks and Eren says "Destiny's on guard duty, so if the Titans are here what is she doing?", they get up and instantly jump out of the way "Corporal what is it?!" Eren asks as Levi kills it "This damn thing not only got past Destiny, it also crushed most of her bones, Hanji's getting her at the moment" he says landing in front of the two "Get everyone else, there might be more", Hanji returns with Destiny who doesn't seem that injured "Levi, more are on the way, I was lucky it mostly hit my left leg" she says she was leaning slightly on Hanji, but the sound of a building being broken makes them turn, "And here they are" Hanji mumbles "I'll hold them of, you go" Destiny says, but Levi grabs her wrist when she wants to leave "Don't die brat" he says earning smiles "No promises Levi", with that she heads of, she knew of course that there were way too many Titans, but better one person dead then 20 others. "Let'g go Levi" Hanji says and the two run of "We're missing someone" Erwin says and he watches a nearby Titan fall down "Destiny's taking care of things here, she told us to leave" Hanji says making the commander worried "You do know she said that for another reason then to save us right?" he asks making Levi turn to the town "You mean she's going to die here" he says watching the Titans fall one by one "Yes" Erwin says and he sighs "But we can't stop her", Levi narrows his eyes and he says "She was injured, she'll get hit and then it's the end of her", he turns his horse around and says "Go on ahead, I will not let her die!", he kills a Titan and catches Destiny as her gas runs out "Are you an idiot?" he asks, failing to see the Titan behind him and it hits them. "Since when do you care?" Destiny asks as she gets up, or tries to "Don't move" Levi whispers as the Titan passes them, the only thing between the two and the Titan was a row of buildings "Levi-", she can't say much as Levi covers her mouth with his hand, he sits up once the Titan is gone and pulls her up as well "Why did you come back?" Destiny asks looking at him and he says "Making sure you won't die" "How are we going to get out of here?" she asks looking around, it seemed the others had left and there were quite a lot of Titans near them "My gear is still working, but you'll have to hold on" Levi says putting her on his back and he makes sure she won't fall of before heading of, they had to find a save place, he knew Erwin wanted to continue for a day longer before going back "You know you could have let me" Destiny says as Levi lands on top of a building "No I couldn't" he says and he heads back to the horses. "We should head to a saver place", they head of towards a forest close by in the hope they can hide there until nightfall.