Chapter 19: Free

The trip to the farmhouse is quiet, Destiny and Levi cuddling while Isabel is sleeping and the other two are talking, Mikasa on her horse next to the cart and Farlan at the front "Are we there yet?" Destiny asks eventually as she sits up "Almost" Mikasa says. The house is dusty, but that's fixed within half an hour and Isabel shows the chickens their new home "Same rooms as last time" Destiny says while dragging her bags up before going to get Levi's bags "Alright then" he says with a sigh "Oi Isabel, take of your muddy shoes" Levi says "Not my fault it started raining" she says "So much for our first day back" Mikasa says "So Des, who owns this land with you being the last one?" "I guess that'd be me?" she mumbles making tea "Why would Erwin let us go so soon though?" "Don't know, don't care" Levi says surprising Mikasa "But you've always cared what he thought" she says sitting down with the tray when Destiny's finished. "I did, but he's a sneaking bastard, always willing to do everything for his own goal, never once thinking about others, why do you think he agreed to sacrifice Des?" "Because he didn't know Petra was in my place?" she asks "Yeah, now that we're free I want nothing to do with him anymore, he probably knew that you'd lose your ability and since it wasn't needed anymore he didn't care if you died" he says making Farlan sigh "Well whatever the case, I'm not going back there until we absolutely have to" he says making the others nod in agreement "I've lived within the walls long enough" Destiny says.

Their first week is mostly uneventful "I upgraded the shower" Farlan says "Good" Mikasa says while cooking "Hey Levi" she says looking at him "Think you can convince Destiny and Isabel to come inside?" "Sure" he says walking to the door "Isabel, you were supposed to help Mikasa with dinner. Destiny... what are you doing?" "Eh watering the crops?" she asks "Inside, now" "I am almost done" she says "Mikasa's halfway with dinner, besides, Farlan has ideas for upgrades for the house" Levi says "Fine, coming".

It doesn't take long before more people leave the walls, so Farlan and Levi start working on a road "Hey Mika, Isa" Destiny says peeking inside the kitchen "We have to go shopping soon" "Really? That would mean going back" Isabel says "Yes, we're running out of food, things to plant and I got a letter from Christa to meet her in the inner wall" "Did it say why?" "You will never believe it. Erwin got captured trying to assassinate the king" "He did what?!" Levi asks "She saw it herself, turns out that Christa's name is actually Historia Reiss and she's the rightful heir to the throne" "Why does she want us to come? To defend Erwin?" Mikasa asks "No".

They return and Hanji escorts them to the inner wall making Destiny grab Levi's arm "Hey, it's gonna be alright" he says "You made it!" Christa says "What's going on with Erwin?" Levi asks "Oh I let him take a walk with two guards" she answers. Erwin walks over to the group and he's actually surprised "Levi, what a surprise to see you here" "Des wanted to come" "You missed the hearing" Ymir says "Good" Mikasa says "Let me make something clear Erwin" Levi says "I am never joining you ever again. You wouldn't have cared if Des died on our final mission" "The mission is over, I don't care what you guys do in general" "You all heard that right?" Farlan asks earning several nods "I'm really grateful you got me out of the underground, but I doubt you'd last a second down there" Destiny says and she punches the former commander hard enough to make him fall backwards "However that's exactly where he'll be going" Christa says "I'm so excited!" "Why did you call us here?" Mikasa asks "Oh right, to see my coronation and I'd like to give you the land your father owned" Christa says taking Destiny's hand "I'll be happy with just the area around the farmhouse" Destiny says with a smile "And we'd like to leave as soon as possible" "Why?" Hanji asks, although she probably knows the answer "You have no intentions to ever return do you?" "No, four of us came from the underground, we finally want to be free" Farlan says "Besides, people have no need for soldiers anymore" "You won't be staying?" Christa asks "No, I'm sorry" Levi says "We've been trapped by walls long enough". While the young queen looks sad she also understands it "Alright, but in return I get to visit you guys when I want" "Deal" Levi says.

"This place is nice" Sasha comments during her visit "Take of your shoes" Mikasa says "Right, where are the others?" "I believe Isabel is fishing, Farlan is with Destiny checking the garden and Levi is organizing the library" "Library?" Armin asks "Yes, wait, let me get Des so she can show you", Destiny shows Armin the library and he asks "How?" "My family" she explains with a grin "Des, I can't put these back, Farlan hasn't fixed the ladder yet" Levi says and he spots Armin "Put things back where you got them from" is all he offers before boosting Destiny up so she can put the book away "I wouldn't know where to start" "There's no specific order for the books".

With proper roads, more people moving away from the wall, no one knows how, but Historia and Eren ended up as a couple and the Survey Corps disbanded, as well as the Garrison, all three devisions merging together. "Hanji don't you dare put that sign over there!" Destiny yells running towards the scientist "What's wrong with it?" Hanji asks "Fluffstreet? Seriously, give me Royal Avenue or something" "But Sasha wanted that one" Hanji complains, earning a mumbled "Okay, let's see", Hanji isn't impressed "Dragon Avenue?" Destiny asks "I read about them in a book" Hanji says with a huge grin "I'll take it, bother Jean with your horrible sign".

When the door opens Levi looks up "Did it work?" he asks "Yes it did" Isabel answers "We got it, thanks to Des here" "All I did was leave the book. Besides, not everything's as fun as that one, I did ask for Royal Avenue, but Sasha wanted that one" Destiny says sitting down "Well at least people know where to find us and the land in mine" "Wonder who gets the stupid ones" Mikasa mumbles. Sasha ends up with Royal Avenue, but they can't bring themselves to care when they see the restaurant "Christa" Destiny says "Oh you're here" the young queen says "Yes, well, there's a store here" Isabel says "So do we bow or?" "Oh not at all, we were all comrades". When they enter the restaurant Destiny and Levi are quick enough to dodge the hug "We missed you four! This young lady offered us a job and we couldn't refuse when she said it was a good distance to your house, Dragon Avenue right?" Destiny and Levi look at each other "Well, when did you want to visit?" Mikasa asks slightly confused why the four are sharing worried glances "This evening, Sasha told us Levi's an excellent cook" "Right, Destiny and I were just getting the last groceries" Levi says "You three get lunch!". Mikasa looks even more confused, if possible so Farlan pulls her to the side "They are worse then Levi when it comes to how clean the house is supposed to be" he whispered "And since we had to skip cleaning day yesterday" "I see" Mikasa says "At least Sasha's kitchen will stay clean" Isabel mumbles "We should get lunch".