Chapter 10: Return of the two shifters

All went well the next week, until a civilian runs in one morning "The colossal titan is back!" he yells and Hanji and Levi give Destiny a confused look "Guess it has a range" she mumbles and everyone heads off "He brought company" Erwin says mentioning to the horses "Kill them one by one" the male in front says, but Adam lands next to his sister "Stole some gear" he says and Destiny keeps her eyes locked with the Titan in front of her "Eren wait!" Mikasa says stopping her brother "We can't do anything too risky" Levi says and he eyes the armored Titan who doesn't seem to be moving either "Why aren't you two doing anything!" "Kill them" Adam says and Destiny glances at the group "Go and help him" she says, her eyes widen when the Titan she left runs over and smashes into the horses "I didn't bring it" Adam says picking her up and  jumping away from the hand that's about to kill them "Lost control over him" she says as she's put down next to Levi "Doesn't matter" Hanji says "There are still the other two" "Yes, one being an abnormal" Levi comments dryly "You think they noticed we're here?" Adam asks but Destiny says "Don't think so, if he does we're in trouble" "He's suspecting at least something" Levi points out so Destiny narrows her eyes "Kill him" she says causing the abnormal to switch targets "Stop it!" the man screams, but the Titan doesn't listen to him "I am not going to sit by and watch" Eren says, but Mikasa knocks him out cold, they hear a scream and see Hanji hanging above the ground "Hanji" Destiny says and she jumps down just as the scientist is dropped "Got ya" the white haired girl says stopping herself halfway the wall and grabbing Hanji's wrist. The group decides to retreat and Reiner and Berthold become normal again "And they passed out" Mikasa says and Destiny sweatdrops "Once you finish eating give me a hand" she says and the Titan soon starts climbing up. They chain the two Titan Shifters in the dungeon after giving Eren a normal room and Destiny sighs "Why couldn't I hold control?" she asks and Adam says "That abnormal was the first one you encountered with Levi right?" "Yes, it fell asleep right next to us" Levi says "It felt like it had to protect you, that's why, your control switched to that one when it arrived" Adam says and he adds "That's why it listens so easily" "So technically speaking, I have a pet Titan" Destiny concludes earning a nod "It kinda resembles a dog sometimes" Levi points out bluntly.

The next day Destiny is reading a letter while walking to the mess hall "Commander can I get tomorrow off?" she asks sitting down "Sure" Erwin says and Mikasa walks to that table "Corporal, Farlan decided he wanted a double date, care to come along?" she asks and Levi glances at Destiny before saying "Sure, but he'd better be on time, also drop by my office when you're going to your room" "Can I ask why?" Mikasa asks, but Levi's glare gives her the answer she needs "Also, he said to wear swimming clothes" she says before walking off. Destiny enters her shared room to get changed and she notices a present on her bed, so she climbs up and opens it "Destiny, you here?" Christa asks and Destiny says "On my bed" "Here, Mikasa told me to give you this" the blonde girl says and she adds "Have fun on your date". Destiny gets changed and heads back to the mess hall with her present and she plops down "Hanji any clue who gave me this?" she asks but the scientist shakes her head "Well open it" Farlan says from behind her "Shut up" Destiny mumbles and she takes what's inside the box "Is this a joke?" she asks, inside the box is a box, and a smaller box "No it isn't" Levi says as Destiny pulls out a small present from the third box and she opens it, seconds later Levi nearly loses his balance when she hugs him "Thank you Levi" she says, Levi had given her a golden locket in the shape of a heart "Glad you like it" he says and shows his own "Now I can't forget you anymore" he says. Hanji quickly takes a picture, cause she invented a camera, and then runs off "Come on" Farlan says so the four head off "Thanks Mikasa, but how did you know I didn't have one?" Destiny asks earning a sigh "Because I went shopping with you remember?" "Right" Destiny says, "Here we are" Farlan says after a while of walking through the forest and they arrive at a clearing with a lake in the middle "A picnic?" Destiny and Levi ask at the same time "Correct" Farlan says putting the blanket down while Mikasa puts down the basket so the other two walk over too "Guess it's a nice change" Levi mumbles and he sees Mikasa already in the lake "Destiny, you do know how to swim right?" Farlan asks earning a nod "My brother taught me when we were outside the walls" she says. Obviously Hanji had to follow them, but decides to leave, if she took a picture then Levi would kill her "But you should work on getting a tan" Levi comments, that earns him an elbow to the ribs "Shut up" Destiny mumbles, but Levi smirks and throw her in the water "Really?" Mikasa asks, but decides not to ruin the Corporal's good mood "Erwin planned a huge party for tonight" Levi says and he adds "But I think I'd rather spend the evening here".

The next day Mikasa and Levi return to HQ since they had spend the night at the house where Farlan and Isabel are staying and since those were also the people who wanted to meet Destiny she stayed there "Your hair is too messy" Isabel says and Destiny rolls her eyes "I didn't have Levi to cut it short for me and he's too busy to do that for me now" she says and Farlan says "I remember your hair being a bit shorter, middle back I think". "Why not let someone else do that next time?" Isabel asks so Farlan explains "Levi's the only one allowed to do that", so with that fact known Isabel drags Destiny over to Survey Corps HQ to get Levi.