Chapter 32: Peace at last

Peace was indeed fragile, with everyone on edge, but no one attacked, so that's a plus, though Levi more often then not has to carry Victoria to bed because she falls asleep while working "No, I can't let you in Erwin." Levi says "It's important." Erwin tries, earning an unimpressed look "Did you find Mike?" Hanji asks, leaving the room "No, we're still looking." Erwin replies "Then you have no reason to bother Vi." Levi deadpans "It's important." Erwin tries again "If it was you'd tell Levi what it was instead of yelling, do you have those papers I requested?" Victoria asks "No." Erwin replies quietly "Then please don't bother me, I need a break." the queen says and Erwin clenches his fist "Of course Vi." Levi says and he walks next to her.

In the city, which is getting rebuild Victoria plops down next to Kenny in the newly build bar "Shoot me please." she mumbles "So I know where Mike is, took a while, I'm having some if my men get him back." "You just got promoted to head to guards." she deadpans and adds "Erwin still hasn't found him." "Really? He told me he did, then proceeded to remain quiet at the question where." Kenny says, though it's no surprise "Please have those papers I need Armin." she says when he enters "Yep, sorry about the delay." he says handing them over "And you just got promoted to my personal assistant." "I thought Erwin was your personal assistant and head of guards." Armin tells her "Not anymore, Kenny's head of guards. Erwin had no news and no papers for me this morning." Victoria explains and she leans back in her seat "Isn't he also your adviser?" Kenny asks, but Levi grins at that question "Oh no, he lost that position to Nile and Hanji a month ago." "That terrible?" Armin asks, earning a nod "And the job actually belonged to Mike, but he's missing, Erwin just questions all my orders and when I asked Levi to come along for a trip through town Erwin said that he was a better choice because people respect him more." Victoria explains "That may be true, but they fear Levi more." Kenny mumbles "So don't you have any duties today?" Armin asks, making her shake her head "Already finished, was waiting on these paper to authorize something." she tells him.

Christa, while glad she wasn't killed, is banished from entering the palace again, not to mention she got nothing when Victoria told her to leave and getting a job is harder then she thought "I can talk to-" "No Ymir, I deserve it, I just need a job and I'll be fine." Christa says and she sighs "Just that no one wants someone like me.". "Yo Christa, letter from my uncle." Mikasa says and holds out an envelope "If this is a job offer I will be fine." Christa deadpans, but Ymir takes the offered envelope "She'll take the job." "Good, you start tomorrow, be on time." Mikasa says and she walks off again. Christa glares at Ymir, who's looking through the letter "Work from six till eleven, you get a room at the bar and free meals." she says "You'd be stupid not to go, you have nothing." "Your house is fine." Christa counters "My house is a mess and Annie doesn't want another housemate, take the damn job Christa, it's just washing dishes.".

Victoria hugs Mike tightly when she sees him "I'm home." he mumbles "I'm sorry I got caught." "It's fine, you're back now." "Thanks to Kenny, heard that Erwin claimed he knew where I was." Mike mumbles, earning a nod "Guessing he got fired for every job he had." "Yeah, what kind of head of guard questions the queens choices? And I mean constantly." Levi asks, Armin following behind with some papers "Trade route offers, can you look at it later?" he asks, making Victoria nod slightly "Just put them in my office please." she says. "Of course, what about the meeting this evening?" Armin asks "Cancel it, we'll hold it tomorrow afternoon." Victoria tells him "I'll notify everyone." "Anything else on her schedule today?" Levi asks, making Armin shake his head "Good, we're visiting the bar this evening." "You mean she actually took the job?" Victoria asks while she finally let's go of Mike "You're coming too." Levi aims that last part at Mike, let them show what Historia did wrong when she started a war.

Christa frowns when she sees the three enter the bar and she sighs softly "Kenny, how's it going?" Mike asks sitting down "Letting people who lost their homes stay here, thanks for the upgrade kid." Kenny explains, they hadn't needed any staff while Kuchel was alive though "So why'd you hire her?" Levi asks quietly "Go see for yourself." the bar owner replies, so that's what Levi does "She looks terrible." he concludes "Yeah, had nothing when she was send away, that's not a bad thing, she has Ymir after all." "She deserved it though." Victoria mumbles under her breath. "Oh thank you for allowing us to stay here." a woman tells Kenny "The queen's men are almost finished with our house." "Shall I tell them to add an extra room?" Victoria chimes in, making the woman look surprised "No that's not needed, thanks for the offer though. Why are you in the bar if you don't mind me asking?" "Kenny pretty much raised me with Kuchel, besided, I need a break too sometimes."

Christa won't admit it out loud while anyone's around, but she's glad Ymir forced her to take the job, at least she has a roof over her head and food "Kenny, your new hire." Mike says one day while dragging Erwin in "He tried to undermine Victoria's orders, again." "I don't need anymore people." Kenny deadpans at Mike "I'll dump him at the restaurant then." is the reply "What was the order?" Kenny asks "Victoria's considering opening the palace for the homeless in the inner area of the city, he shut it down, they kicked him out of the council too." Mike explains, this makes Kenny frown, Erwin hadn't caused any trouble while Frieda or Historia was queen, so why now? "Do you even consider her royalty Erwin?" Kenny asks, that earns him a huff "Of course not, she's a charity case." "Care to repeat that in my face?" Victoria asks so Erwin pales "Tell me something Erwin, that night at the graveyard, did you send that noble to find me knowing full well he wanted to get rid of me? I mean, aside from you only the king knew where I was." "Why would I do that?" Erwin asks "Why indeed, now I have some business with Kenny, also excuse my lack of bodyguard, Levi has a cold and Mikasa is probably running of with Farlan." she explains as she goes in "And Erwin, I've alerted all the guards, if you try getting in they are to shoot you on sight.".

Thing almost return to the way it was before, aside from a few minor things anyway "Don't look so miserable, most people actually wanted to help you cope after Kuchel died." "Vi, I'm sorry." Christa says and she looks down "I messed up and now Erwin's fired and kicked out, yes he did tell the guy where you went, and all I got now is whatever clothing I could buy with my earnings." "I understand why you did it, but you should've looked for other ways instead of attacking back." Victoria replies and she holds out a bag "Some of your old casual clothes, they should still fit." "Thanks.". It's awfully quiet when Victoria reaches to open the door again to leave, but she hears a sound and moves back, grabbing Christa and pulling her down when someone fires a shotgun through the door "Got them both boss." a man says and he scans the room "Throne is-", Kenny shoots the guy before going to check "You're not leaving without bodyguard for a while kid." he says as he pulls them both up "I'm fine, just a few scrapes and bruises." "Why did you get attacked this time though?" he questions "Well... I had to relocate Erwin to the underground with no surface contact, guess that failed too." "But why both of us? I mean, doesn't everyone think Historia's dead?" Christa asks, earning two nods "I'll handle it, you move into Mikasa's room for now." Kenny tells her "And I guess you're escorting me back to the palace." Victoria deadpans, so Kenny gives her an unimpressed look "Alright, let's find out who did this." she says.

आप प्रकाशित भागों के अंत तक पहुँच चुके हैं।

⏰ पिछला अद्यतन: Mar 06 ⏰

नए भागों की सूचना पाने के लिए इस कहानी को अपनी लाइब्रेरी में जोड़ें!

Attack On Titan: Forgottenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें