Chapter 21: Ackerman gang

Over the years things have changed, improved, people don't live in fear of the titans this time, no they live in fear of the criminal gang led by Kuchel and Kenny Ackerman, the police is helpless most of the times, but there are people that can stop the gang, the royal guards, previously known as the survey corps. "Well kid" Kenny says looking at his nephew, who's casually sitting in the bar, drinking some tea, with his arm around his girlfriend, well, fake girlfriend "Yo Levi" someone says "What is it Farlan?" "Erwin Smith is at the door", Kenny curses under his breath "Who was it?" he asks "Grisha's brat" someone else says "Isabel, that's my spot" "I know Des, I don't get why we have to do this anyway" Isabel mumbles as she gets up "Imagine Levi Ackerman dating the princess Victoria Destiny Reiss" Farlan comments dryly. Erwin is not amused when he enters with Mike and Hanji, followed by Eren, who's looking smug "Look, you already got Mikasa's parents killed" Kuchel says walking in "What?" Mikasa asks "He gave them the location of your house, he's the reason they're dead" "So his parents took me in and he could have gotten me killed too?" Mikasa asks looking at her cousin, who nods while he ruffles Victoria's hair, but Isabel and Farlan jump into action to hold her in place. "You're a disgusting swine, always kissing up the queens ass!" Mikasa yells "Please don't get that image in my head Mika, I'd never look at Frieda the same ever again" Destiny says while leaning against Levi, who nuzzles her hair, disturbing Erwin and Mike greatly "Sorry Des" Mikasa says, but Destiny waves her off saying "And she's not even aware they're here, simply because she actually doesn't mind, now unless you have an official warrant Erwin, I suggest you leave" "As princess you're not-" "I have every right to be here, Levi can you stop?" "No" he mumbles "Their faces are too funny" "Well feel free to search the bar" Kenny says "We got nothin' to hide". Hanji gives the young couple a grin as Levi's sharp eyes follow her "Aren't you a bit young to be in here Eren?" Kuchel asks while she helps Mikasa clean the glasses "I work here" he says, but Levi comments dryly "You're fired", Eren looks pissed almost instantly upon hearing that "You can't just fire me" "He's right you're fired" Kenny says. "How's the pet shelter?" Hanji asks sitting down "Good, the cats don't listen though, especially when I'm giving them a bath".

Historia smiles at her younger sister "Had fun?" she asks "Yes, Eren snitched again, got fired, Levi made Erwin, Mike and Eren uncomfortable by showing an unusual amount of affection" "Good" Frieda says "Although they keep the criminals in check, so I don't get why Erwin insists on stopping them, now who's hungry". Despite being royalty Historia and Victoria go to school, both with a bodyguard, Levi and Ymir "You two need to stop hanging around gangs" Eren says to the two in class "And you need to stop ruining our lives" Historia says. Reiner and Berthold don't show up during lunch, so Levi makes a call "Right, yes I'll take her to the mansion" he says, when he ends the call he looks at Ymir "We need to talk".

At the mansion Ymir is quiet as Levi turns on the news "No" she says "Eren again?" Armin asks "Yes" Levi says "However, you're an important asset Armin, you need to make sure he doesn't suspect you" Ymir says "Don't worry about me" Armin says with a smile "Are you sure Historia and Victoria will be alright?" "Yes" Ymir says. "You two alright?" Frieda asks "Kenny forbid us to see Levi and Ymir until further notice, aside from school of course, but Levi's my bodyguard" Destiny says "Unofficial bodyguard" Frieda says "If you make him your official bodyguard Kenny doesn't have a say in it anymore" "That's a brilliant plan!" Historia says. The next opportunity they have at school Historia corners the two troublemakers, seeing as that's what they are "Please fill in these" Historia says handing them both some papers and Levi turns around with a frown "Fill it in" Destiny says crossing her arms "I can see this is bothering you just as much as us, just do us all a favor and become our official bodyguards" she says. Eren runs over waving at Historia and Ymir wastes no time in taking the pen and she signs them "How are my two favorite people?" Eren asks, so Ymir hands the pen to Levi, who signs with a sigh "Your sister will deal with the consequences this might have" he says signing and handing the papers to Historia "Of course, but you'll be able to tell her yourself after school" she says "Come on Vi, time to go!" "But we have class" the white haired royal says "Yes, but we are excused for the afternoon". Eren runs after then "Why are you two still without a bodyguard?" "Who says we are?" Historia asks "Besides, we're leaving anyway" "Do I have to wear a horrible fancy dress?" the younger of the two cut in "Yes you have to, we're expecting guests from our neighboring country Marley, trust me, I want this as much as you".

Levi and Ymir arrive and they share a glance feeling the tension "Please calm down" Frieda says and the white haired princess says "I am calm, he can't take no for an answer" "I know", the young queen sighs, her sisters did not get along with the young prince. "There you two are" Historia says making her sisters head snap up and she runs over, hugging Levi tightly, who narrows his eyes on the bruise around her wrist. "What's the meaning of this?" he asks carefully taking her hand "He was a little rough, she wanted to take a peaceful walk through the garden and he didn't have any patience" Historia says as Ymir stands behind her "It's fine-" "Victoria" Levi cuts her off making her look at him, she's in trouble now "Did you at least get him back?" he asks quietly earning a slight nod "He's on his last set of spare clothes" she mumbles "The others are full of slime" "Good" he says pressing a kiss to her forehead "Now" he says focusing his attention to the prince "If I find out this happened again, and I will, I will not be held responsible for my action" "Of course, as the princess her bodyguard that's expected" the visiting king says "But please do continue the conversation as if we weren't here" Ymir says "Right, the alliance" Frieda says "As I was explaining before my son so rudely interrupted" the king says "Our tradition is that the youngest of the siblings marries, which would mean princess Victoria, however as that is out of the question-" "Father, I don't see how it's out of the question" the prince says and Levi puts a hand on Victoria's shoulder when she tenses "Then I'm afraid you don't look close enough" Frieda says "Really, I knew most royals were stupid" Ymir mumbles, but the prince hears it "As I was saying, since that's out of the question, I believe we may have to find a compromise" "Agreed" Frieda says, the king looks at the two princesses "I hope you two are happy with your choices" "Of course we are" Historia says with a smile "However, as we are both aware you are in fact without a queen right now, please don't make that idiot our step-brother". Frieda starts laughing, while the prince looks offended and the king is impressed "I'm not sure whether or not I should be worried about you two or not, but this country is in good hands".