Chapter 9: Return

After convincing Destiny to come too Levi got on his horse "Guess we'll come visit again" Destiny mumbles getting on her horse as well "Just come live here again when you're sick of normal people" Adam says as the group rides off "Wait" Destiny says and she enters a thick forest "Don't get killed and don't attack my friends" she says after finding who she's looking for.

By the time they arrive back at the wall it's almost afternoon and Destiny sighs, she really regretted coming back "Welcome back you two" Erwin says after a quick trip to HQ "Where are the other two?" Mikasa asks and Destiny rubs the back of her head "Titan food, I let them play tag with my new friend" she says and Hanji walks to Erwin and whispers something in his ear "We can do that" Erwin says and Petra runs over "You're back!" she says stopping in front of Levi and she glares at Destiny "Actually Petra, they became a couple while they were gone" Hanji says and Sasha, Mikasa and Destiny glance at each other after finally understanding Hanji and Levi's plan "But she's a monster, how can you like her?!" Petra yells and Destiny flinces slightly "Petra, back to my lab!" Hanji says and Levi gets off his horse "Keep her locked up in there until dinner" he says and Destiny gets off as well and Mikasa hugs her. Mikasa helps Destiny get settled in again and she sighs feeling the mood in the room "You regret coming back don't you?" Mikasa asks and Destiny nods "Petra already called me a monster", they wander around, but run into Jean "Ah the shorty is back" he says with a grin, but instead of punching him Destiny hugs him "I guess she didn't get a very warm welcome from Petra" he says "Not exactly" Mikasa says "I think she's glad you aren't treating her differently" "Next time you won't get away with it though" Destiny mumbles causing Jean to sweatdrop.

In the mess hall Levi notices that Destiny is missing "Maybe she ran off again" Petra says and Mikasa says "Actually, she got invited by a noble to their house" "I see" Levi says, not 5 minutes later Destiny walks in messing up her hair from whatever style it was in and she plops down next to Levi. "That was complete torture" she mumbles resting her head on the table "They actually like me so that's not the issue, but..." she says and Levi asks "But?" "But they think I'm not ladylike enough, imagine me, who grew up in the underground, being ladylike" Destiny says and Levi chuckles, shocking Hanji, who was just taking a sip of her coffee "You are ladylike enough" he says putting an arm around her making the scientist grin "Levi, I happen to know a good place where you two could go" she says earning two confused looks "It's valentines day tomorrow" she adds causing the Corporal to scowl "I was going to have them clean up the entire HQ tomorrow" he says bluntly and Destiny looks at him "But I guess I can give the people who have a girlfriend/boyfriend the last half of the day off to spend some time together, but that means you don't get to ask someone last minute, now Hanji I need your help" he says and Hanji smirks "No worries I'm on it!". That evening Levi is looking over the list and Destiny is looking over his shoulder "Put your hair in a ponytail, it tickles" Levi says and Destiny sighs "You don't complain about it when we're cuddling" she says, but she puts her hair in a ponytail anyway before looking back at the list "That doesn't even surprise me anymore" she says and chuckles "Eren doesn't have a girlfriend, guess he's staying then" she adds scanning for Mikasa's name "Oh she has a boyfriend" Levi says slightly surprised "Levi... look at the name" Destiny says and Levi's eyes widen "But how?" he asks and Destiny says "I... don't know", Destiny runs out of the room and quickly finds her friend outside with said boyfriend and he eyes widen "Farlan" she says as tears form in her eyes "Destiny" Mikasa says and she walks over to the white haired girl "I just need a moment" Destiny mumbles and she enters HQ again "Levi" she says and he looks up "You look like you just saw a ghost" he comments "Well if I did Mikasa did too" Destiny says plopping down on the couch "Shitty glasses, get Ackerman to my office now" "Of course" Hanji says though she's confused why both of them were looking paler then normal. Mikasa walks in and Levi says "I know he's waiting outside, get him in too" "Okay then" Mikasa says. Destiny looks at the ground as tears form in her eyes and it doesn't get any better when Farlan says "Hey guys" "Don't you hey guys me!" Destiny says standing up "Erwin told me you were dead, Levi told me the same thing!" she says and Farlan rubs the back of his head "I'm not sure what happened, but I was suddenly in the town and ran into Mikasa" he says and Destiny looks at Levi "Answer me this, what do Destiny and I both have that's completely identical?" Levi asks earning a smile "A dagger" Farlan says "I'll leave you three to catch up" Mikasa says before leaving "When did you get out Des?" he asks and Destiny looks away "Not worth mentioning" she says and Erwin enters the office "Destiny, Petra wants to fight it out" he says before noticing the current situation "Okay" Destiny says and she leaves the office with the commander who closes the door. "You seem out of it" Mikasa comments "Shut up" Destiny says, she had to blow of some steam "Look at you, you don't even look ready to fight me" Petra says, but she barely dodges the first punch "Watch where you aim" Petra says keeping an eye on the short girl "I was hoping to hit you" Destiny says bluntly as she moves to fighting stance "Scared?" she asks, but as much as Petra would love to lie she was indeed scared of the shortee girl "Then this is pointless" Destiny says. "I can go in her place" a girl says and Destiny doesn't turn to who it belongs to "No need" she eventually says walking off again. She arrives back at Levi's office and she sighs "Farlan, it'd be nice to tell the whole truth next time" she says earning two confused looks "Well it appears our circle of friends is complete, well sort off" she says and narrows her eyes "And the last one is right outside the door". She grabs a book and sits down on Levi's desk "Name and business" Levi says and a nervous girl says "Isabel and the commander send me", Farlan opens the door and Levi keeps focusing on his work "Why did he send you?" Levi asks "He told me to talk to you guys" Isabel says and Levi looks at her "I'm busy" "Is she actually sitting on you desk though?" Farlan asks causing Levi to glance at Destiny "This happens more often then you'd think" he says "Hanji's face was hilarious the first time she saw it" Destiny says and she adds "She checked if the room was real four times before telling what she came here for" "You two are still the same" Farln comments dryly before realizing the time "I have to go" he says and adds "Come on Isabel" "Where do you guya live?" Destiny asks so Farlan says "Wall Sina".

It's quiet after that and Destiny sighs "Hey at least they didn't forget you" Levi says poking her which earns him a glare "Don't remind me" she says hopping of the desk "I'm gonna go eat dinner, don't stay here too long, kay?" "Did you do something?" Hanji asks catching up with her "No" Destiny says confused "The Titans I caught are trying to eat Petra" Hanji says earning an even more confused look "Well I did nearly punch her in the face, she wanted to fight me and I was pretty pissed off at everything and everyone", Hanji sighs and says "Keep your anger under control then" "Won't happen again" Destiny says before entering the mess hall.