Chapter 17: The plan

"Commander..." Mikasa says "I don't agree with this plan" she says "Do you have a better plan?" Erwin asks, but she stays quiet "Exactly, we will need our best archers" he says "Does the Corporal agree with this?" "He's aware of the plan" Hanji says. Levi does not agree with the plan, but he knows it's the best course of action, they take out the Titans and the people using them at the same time, the beast Titan was already taken care off, but even with that there are three shifters they can use to keep them occupied "Hey Levi" Destiny says plopping down next to him "I don't like this anymore than you do" she adds finally getting his attention "So why are we going through with it?" he asks "Because there's no other way" she mumbles, Farlan and Isabel are helping so the house is quiet and Levi asks "Why aren't you at the party Hanji's throwing?" "I was, but Eren and Jean started fighting, both drunk of course, but when I stopped them Eren started to flirt with me, so I left" "You could've told him to stop." "I tried that, didn't work". Isabel and Farlan arrive to see Destiny snuggled up to Levi, asleep, while Levi's reading a book "So this is how you spend free days" Isabel says "Reading help to clear my mind" he mumbles "She's rubbing off on you" Farlan says earning a shrug "But someone's here to see you" Farlan says.

Petra is amazed at the inside of the house "What do you want?" Levi asks "I may have a solution so that Destiny can stay alive" Petra says "I'm listening" he says putting his book down "What if someone were to pretend to be her?" "That person wouldn't be able to control the Titan shifters" Destiny mumbles "You could go as one of the other soldiers" Petra says. They discuss it for a moment and decide not to tell anyone, since it's risky "Hey guys" Isabel says during dinner "I know we had that campfire planned, but it's storming" she says looking outside "Really?" Levi says, not sounding too happy about it "Yeah". Destiny looks at Levi an hour later, the other two had gone to bed "Do you realize they're barely home?" Destiny asks "Must be busy" he mumbles "According to Isabel they have a bedroom there, they're smart to stay though" she says.

She knows how Levi is with storms and she's not even surprised when she sees him awake in the middle of the night, drinking tea in the kitchen "Get some sleep" she says hugging him from behind "Nightmares" he says "Still, you need sleep" she says "It doesn't exactly help if one of your best friends dies in your nightmare and he's nowhere to be found" "Probably Isabel's room, if not, in the backyard" she comments, Farlan is indeed in Isabel's room and Levi sighs "Guess we're not the only ones with nightmares" he mumbles, but Destiny pulls him over "Move" she says shaking Isabel awake "And you were complaining I got the biggest bed" Isabel whispers "Just make room will you" Levi says quietly. Since Isabel indeed has the biggest bed of the four they all fit and Farlan chuckles "Reminds me of cold winter nights in the Underground" "It does doesn't it?" Destiny asks snuggling closer to Levi, the sound of his heartbeat lulling her to sleep.

Levi makes breakfast the next morning "Morning" Farlan says "Sleep well?" he asks "Better than expected" is the answer "Eggs with bacon and... freshly made bread" Isabel says walking over with Destiny, who's tying her hair in a ponytail "You're cooking? Aren't we supposed to head back-" "Breakfast first Des, I know you're eager to test some theories with Hanji" "Wouldn't say that" she mumbles sitting down "She's itching to put a needle in my arm for whatever reason"

Time skip until a week later

Destiny sighs looking in the mirror, Hanji had dyed her hair light brown and given her blue color contacts, Levi had 'borrowed' red color contacts for Petra, who's hair is in a low bun so the wig won't fall off "It's not fair though" she mumbles seeing Levi "I know, but it was her idea, how are the boots?" "Comfortable, what did Erwin say?" "He got angry, but understood why we hadn't told anyone" Levi says pulling her into a hug "Let's go".

The plan goes great, in most people their opinion anyway, one group takes out the Titans while Petra, Levi, Mikasa and Destiny unleash the Shifters, besides Eren "We got the Titans" Hanji says landing next to Levi "Got the one at the farmhouse too" she adds "Fire" Levi says, so their archers fire and he scans the camp for Petra, who had entered with Destiny's mother before the Shifters attacked "Found her" Destiny says running over and helping her up "I-it worked" Petra says coughing up some blood making Destiny take off her cloak and holding it against the wound "We need to go to the others" she says. Hanji inspects it and injury and says "Get her to the cart". The camp is burning down, the Titans are killed and it's with as few casualties as possible "Look out!" Levi says pulling Destiny into a protective hug and, being shorter, she doesn't really see why "Levi?" she asks "C-call Hanji back" he says before collapsing and she pulls out the arrows before putting him on her back and running back to the cart "Hanji!" she yells "Give me a minute to- what happened?" "They shot all their arrows as a last resort" Destiny says and she puts Levi down before taking out her colored lenses, which she puts in their case and in a pocket "Get in the front" Hanji says "We have to go", however the wagon is attacked and Destiny tries to fight them off, but she's outnumbered and the last thing she remembers is Hanji shooting a flare to warn the others.