Chapter 1: Reuniting?

"Thanks for getting me out of there commander" a white haired girl says looking at the taller male, the girl was only slightly shorter then Levi, but she didn't mind it "So... Isabel and Farlan died on their first expedition..." she mumbles, she used to hang out with them a lot, but they got out of the underground and she didn't. They arrive at HQ and Hanji is already waiting for the girl "Let's start with your battle skills, try beating shorty" Hanji says and the girl looks at her blankly before looking towards Levi who says "She doesn't even look that strong", Erwin looks at Levi slightly confused "Levi... you should know her" he says and Levi looks at him and then at the girl, seemingly confused as to why he would know a strange girl with white hair and bright red eyes "Okay then, since Levi's not going to fight you try fighting Hanji" Erwin says and Hanji starts grinning like an idiot "How is that shorty going to beat me? She's even shorter then Levi" she says, but is landing on her stomach in a matter or seconds "I'm faster then you are" the girl says, Levi rolls his eyes and says "You should introduce her to the others, it's lunch time".

At the mess hall everyone stops whatever they were doing seeing Erwin walk in with a new girl "Now that I have your attention. This is Destiny, our newest member" the commander says and he quickly scans the crowd "Ackerman, she's in your care" he says and Mikasa gives a slight nod showing she understood "Well then, continue with what you were doing" Erwin says. Destiny walks to the table Mikasa is sitting at, but Jean takes the last seat, which is next to Mikasa "Jean, someone else wanted to sit there" Armin says pointing to Destiny, Jean turns around and he says "Didn't see you, probably because you're so-", he can't finish as he gets a kick in his stomach "Move, now" Destiny says, everyone stares at her in shock and Jean quickly leaves mumbling something about the girl being scarier then Levi. "Wow that are some quick reflexes" Armin says while Destiny steals some of Sasha's food "I think we'll get along just fine" Mikasa says with a slight smile. That evening Destiny has trouble sleeping so she starts drawing absentminded, why did Levi look like he didn't know her, he knew better then to call her weak, she gets snapped back to reality when Mikasa plops down on the top bed "Can't sleep?" she asks and Destiny shakes her head as she puts her drawing away "Just bothered by something" she says and moves to sit next to her "I never really had family in the underground, if I did they're probably dead, so when I made my first friends I was so happy, but they got out of there and I didn't. I learned two if my best friends died and the other probably doesn't remember me" she says looking down as tears threaten to fall down. "Everyone here is your family Des" Mikasa says hugging the shorter girl who starts crying "We won't abandon you, I promise, even if I have to go against orders" Mikasa says, they stay like that for a while and by the time Hanji comes to check they fell asleep.

The next morning Destiny is rudely awoken by Sasha's loud voice "Let them sleep" Christa hisses and she adds "We're free today, besides, Destiny looked like she could use the rest", however they all become quiet when the girl they were talking about says "You already woke me up" "Sorry, but you and Mikasa look so cute" Sasha says, which makes Mikasa glare at her, they head of to get breakfast while chatting "Oi shorty, move" Jean says trying to get past Destiny, who grabs his arm and throws him over her shoulder, right when Levi opens the door of his office, which they were passing "Can one of you explain this?" he asks, not amused at this at all "He called me Shorty" Destiny says, which makes Levi glare at Jean as he says "If that's the case, please go on", the corporal leaves and Jean quickly runs of, at the mess hall they learn that they have to clean the entire building "Corporal can Mikasa show me around town today?" Destiny asks and Levi says "Just this once", so after breakfast everyone besides Mikasa and Destiny start cleaning.

At the town the two friends are walking rather slow "We should also get you some new clothes" Mikasa says, she had been finding things Destiny really needed if she were to live there "I can patch up my clothes" Destiny says, but Mikasa already pulls her along, not taking that for an answer, it took two hours to find some clothes that would fit since Destiny is rather short, so they start moving again "You don't seem to mind your height" Mikasa says and Destiny says "Nah, but I'll probably grow a bit more, there were times I didn't eat at all, so that kinda stopped me from growing", they arrive at HQ again after a long day in the town so Mikasa says "I'll go help you, since it's almost dinnertime". At dinner everyone is tired "You look awful" Mikasa says inspecting Eren who says "It was the worst, we had to redo four floors", Destiny facepalms and she says "You missed a table by the way", she points to the table the squad leaders and commander normally sit which make everyone at the table pale, besides the two who weren't there "What idiot forgot to clean this table?" Levi'a question makes everyone silence "I think Jean did that row sir, we split up to each do a row and he was finished first" Christa says and Jean tries to run of, only to get stuck to a wall with a dagger making everyone look at Destiny in surprise "What? He tried running away" she says and Levi chuckles "You know, you're actually rather interesting" he says and Mikasa says "Hurt her and you have to deal with me short stuff" "Mikasa I can handle him, besides people always underestimate me, like Hanji did yesterday" Destiny says with a smile that is making everyone wonder just how strong she is.