CHAPTER 2

A Job I Did Not Sign Up For

"You take the garden, you in the patio, you at the pool deck hurry up and both of you..." i pointed at the two members of my team which they ended up standing straight and looked at me nervously.

"Yes chief!" They both shouted and saluted.

I covered my ears in annoyance frowned at them. "You both, you're with me inside. Next time, don't overreact and speak to me in a calm voice, we're not in the military" i rolled my eyes and started walking inside.

Lisa's two team members immediately apologized and followed her towards the inside of Jennie's mansion.

This was the first day of her on the job as an undercover bodyguard for Jennie. To everyone, her job is to be at her side at all times and make sure she doesn't get in an incident again, to Lisa on the other hand. It's her job to find out what secret lies in Jennie's hand, of coarse you would think that it's just some small secret so why make it a big deal?

Turns out, Jennie's parents uncovered that the secret she has can be used against her parents and overthrow them. All i have to do is earn Jennie's trust and find out what she's hiding from her parents.

What's gotten me thinking is what this Jennie girl is like, earlier before i left for work Chaeyoung told me something that got me really curious.

Also just a little warning, you may need a shit load of patience on this one. They told me to warn you that our lil miss Kim can be very cranky.

Cranky? Pfft what am i taking care of? A kid? Lisa giggled at the thought and spoke as they reached the bedroom of her client.

Lisa faced her two rookie members and spoke in a serious tone. "Okay im sure you both are already aware of what we are about to face, do you have any objections? Any violent reactions? Better say it now because there's no turning back later"

They both shook their heads quickly "no we can do this!"

They even put on a thumbs up with a smile on their faces. Why do they have to be so adorable, i pity these two it's so obvious they don't know what we're about to face.

Before Lisa could turn around she quickly turned back to her two team members and chuckled.

"Oh haha i almost forgot, I'm Lisa your chief in command. May i know your names?"

The boy with a blonde hair quickly bowed and spoke. "Oh! Nice to meet you Ms. Lisa! I'm Jihoon at your service!"

Lisa then looked at the black haired girl who also did the same. "I'm Dita at your service Ms!"

Lisa nodded and turned to the door in front of them she proceeded by knocking twice and opened the door swiftly.

When they came inside the room she was greeted by a woman who from the looks of it is a doctor.

"Hi i'm doctor Kang, Kang seulgi you must be the new body guard" The woman approached me and my team members and we all shook hands.

"I'm glad that you're all here, is it okay if we talk outside before i introduce you to Jennie?"

I was dumbfounded at first but i quickly agreed and we stepped outside once more to talk.

"So I'm sure you heard that our client has a bit of a problem so i might as well tell you guys what you're about to be witnessing"

The three of us were all ears as we listened to what the doctor had to say.

Seulgi started giving us ideas about Jennie since she's a very different case from other clients. "So Jennie is pretty much cranky so she has these outrageous mood swings which really makes it hard for us to approach her so i kindly ask you guys to have a lot of patience when getting involved with her"

I nodded and thought. I guess i got myself involved with a psycho patient...just great.

"But no worries, it's all gonna be fine because Jennie tries her best to do things which doesn't really include us being near her except for when she wants to take Kuma for a walk"

"Who's Kuma?" Jihoon asked. Seulgi was surprised immediately answered. "Oh! Right! Kuma is Jennie's pet dog!"

"Oh" Jihoon scratched his head in embarrassment, i tried my best to hide my laughter but all i could do was smile. Dita on the other hand was already cackling in the corner.

"Anyways that's all about the introduction, let's go and introduce you guys to Jennie!" Seulgi smiled with enthusiasm and opened the door for all of us to enter and we quietly approached the girl who was sitting on the couch next to window, quietly staring outside.

"Jennie...Jennie dear let me introduce you to you're new guards" Seulgi said in a quiet tone.

I stood back as i stared at the girl who slowly turned her head around and looked at us. The first thing i noticed is how lifeless she looked, besides her beautiful and clear face all i could see was a lifeless doll.

I quickly bowed and Jihoon and Dita followed. "Nice to meet you Jennie, i am Lisa, these are Jihoon and Dita. We will be your bodyguards and we swear to be with at all times—"

"Get out" Jennie coldly stated while staring at us.

i was surprised that I couldn't move nor process what just happened. "Uhm...pardon?"

Jennie scoffed and turned around to look outside again. "Are you deaf? I told you to get out, I don't want any loud noises in my property"

Seulgi was also surprised, she then quickly smiled and faced Jennie. "I'm sorry Jennie, we'll make sure to keep quiet. We'll leave you then just call us when you need something okay?"

Jennie no longer replied and just continued to stare outside the window.

On the other hand, all three of us were just speechless and too shocked to process what we just witnessed.

Seulgi quietly closed the door and bowed to us. "I apologize, i forgot she hated loud noises so make sure you don't speak too loud nor too soft, it can irritate Jennie easily"

All we could do was just nod and we watched Seulgi walk away. "Well, I'll be back tomorrow to assist you okay? If you have any questions just call me!"

"I never knew we were going to have to be experiencing something like THIS, argh i already feel my motivation going down" Jihoon complained.

As for Dita, she was just standing there staring at the door with no words coming out of her mouth.

I face palmed and suddenly went through a mental self interrogation.

What did you just get yourself into...

Knightingalez