CHAPTER 6

Similar yet so different

After Seulgi told us about Jennie's condition every thing to me finally came clear, the night wherein Jennie got mad at me and then hours later she was on me.

When i thought about that time Seulgi's words came to mind.

Normal eyes means Jennie is herself, a hint of gold in her eyes means it's Ruby. Ruby is her alter ego, beware of her actions as much as possible don't trigger Jennie so Ruby won't take over.

Don't trigger her huh, well trigger or not I don't want to be around Jennie too much. It's better for my sake to keep my distance and if ever needed i should just get things over with.

I went out of the house since i wanted to go shopping for a while so now i just arrived from the mall and started making my way inside.

As per usual the other guards greeted me and i did the same, i then told the maids to bring the shopping bags i brought to my room so i can immediately get back to work.

I came in the living room and i saw Seulgi, Dita and Jihoon so focused on the tv, I glanced at the screen and saw that they were watching the news. What's so good about it that got their attention?

"Hey, what's going on?" I asked and crossed my arms while watching the tv to try and see if i can get an idea of what's happening.

"It's the Kim's" Seulgi said without taking her eyes off the screen. I frowned and continued watching along side with them.

"Kim family under fire for hiding a chaebol heir"

"In relation to the case of the hidden chaebol heir being attacked in her home, people of the public are now questioning themselves either they should discontinue their investments in their company or understand their side"

People are attacking them? Well they are well known in the country for their contributions to the people.

"After the incident, the Kim family's stocks went down 60% which has done a ton of damage to their company. It is even said that they are at the risk of going bankrupt if they don't get everything under control"

"People are now questioning who is the hidden chaebol heir? It seems that the public is on the hidden daughter's side, let's see what the Kim's got to say about this"

"We deny the information about our family having a hidden heir, our one and only heir is our daughter Kim Jisoo. If ever that such family issue occurs in the future, we kindly ask for your respect for our privacy as it is family matters after all. I hope you all continue to place your trust in our company as we make sure that you all benefit from us also"

"Miss Kim has a point their tho, we should be respectful of their private affairs. If ever that there may be more additional news to uncover please stay tuned"

"Who knew one incident would put that much damage into one place, i feel bad for Jennie she's isolated from her family while she's here suffering alone" Dita said while looking concerned.

I'd be lying if i said I wasn't, anyone would feel pity for her. Who would want to be isolated from their family? They are the ones who should be their for you the most yet they aren't.

"Pfft, no need to pity I don't feel any pain at all"

We all immediately turned around to see who suddenly spoke.

"Je-jennie...wait no- Ruby?" Seulgi said making me, Dita and Jihoon glance at Jennie. There she was, golden eyes with a wide smirk.

This sly woman in front of us sent shivers although out our bodies, I immediately grabbed hold of Dita and Jihoon's hands to calm them down while Seulgi carefully approached her.

"Ruby...what do you want?"

Ruby looked at her unamused. "Why are you asking? I'm in my own house am i not allowed to roam around and see what my guests are up to?"

"Not at all, can i get you anything?" I could sense the tension in the air, even if Seulgi has known Ruby ever since i could still feel that she's uneasy at the moment.

"No thanks, i can do anything myself. I decided that Jennie should take a break for a while, she's been enjoying life too much that it's my turn to have a taste" Ruby sighed and suddenly glanced our way.

"You three come with me" Ruby non hesitantly turned around and started walking away, i looked at Jihoon and Dita. They were looking at me and waiting for my next move, i turned to Seulgi and saw her motioning me to follow her so i had no choice but to do as she says.

I turned to Ruby who was leaning on the drawer in front of the mirror admiring herself, at that moment you could see how different she and Ruby were.

Jennie who's cold and lifeless but scary once you provoke her, while Ruby who is playful and cunning it's as if she has every power in the world to not feel any sort of discomfort.

They were two bodies, similar but yet so different when it came to their souls.

Knightingalez