CHAPTER 10

Game On

"1st place goes to Lisa Manoban"

"This reward goes to Lisa Manoban"

"Congratulations to Lisa Manoban for winning this award!"

My life was filled with glory back then, i was a model student for my peers, i was an athlete who made the covers for sports magazines, i was so victorious when it came to competitions.

My teenage years were really extraordinary, most people in university knew my name, my face and my position in that time. Many looked up to me while i took a chance and made everyone proud of me, that included my parents.

I was so determined to make them proud and im glad i did, i think there was no time where I didn't come home with an award in my hands. They didn't have high expectations for me but they were really happy that i was doing all of that at my age.

My future was set to be successful but in a blink of an eye, it all came crashing down. I was angry, angry because i was one of those people who's life came turning upside down, oh how stupid i was to think my life would always be filled with joyous memories.

"Lisa your parents...they got into an accident"

"Your dad died while your mother survived but the problem is that she's still under critical condition"

"Im sorry but you'll have to give up everything"

Giving up on my happiness was the most painful thing i had to go through ever in my life so far, i was confused. People were directly telling me to give up my passions, my sources of strength but i had no other choice but to surrender.

In my times of suffering, Chaeyoung came to my rescue. she took me in along with her family, they comforted me, loved me as if i was their own.

Little did i knew those sweet smiled actually hides a dark secret waiting to be told.

I was able to finish the last bit of the semester and actually graduate along side Chaeyoung, with the help of her family i was able to do better than I could've imagined.

Instead of pursuing my dreams I ended up doing a job that i least expected to do.

"Lisa, we want to help you as much as possible. With this job, you can be named as one of the richest people of korea"

The park family actually owns the agency where i work at today, a hidden agency supported by the government and the people with power. You can say that in this job i am a detective, but i am no detective.

Im more like an assasin honestly, they give me a name and i kill it. They tell me a place and I investigate it, they tell me a group of people i infiltrate them.

What's good about this job is that it pays me very well, what's not good is im forced to get blood on my hands. Most of my missions have included me killing people, i rarely got peaceful missions. They let me do all the killing because they told me that im the most skilled in that department.

I never imagined my self killing people well except for times when people are being a bitch to me but still, good thing i had Chaeyoung beside me. Working as my personal secretary and psychiatrist, she helped me cope with everything, get pass the trauma and calms me down when im lost.

I can never explain in words hoe grateful i am to have her with me, I can't imagine myself without her. All of my success now is because of her, even if it's unexpected atleast im not suffering too much. Im glad to be sharing all of my success with this woman.

Why did agree to this? Well it's for my mother, it's my duty to keep her safe now that father is gone. She's still in a critical condition up to this day but she's being taken care of in a home that's surrounded by peace.

Right now the Kim's hospital staff are taking care of her so i had no choice but to follow what they want me to do with their daughter.

As i walked upstairs of the house i see Jennie walking at my direction, i then remembered my purpose here, my mission.

It's time to keep my head on game.

"Good morning miss Jennie!" I greeted her with a smile.

Knightingalez