CHAPTER 5

An Unexpected Condition

"Gold eyes?" Chaeyoung asked.

After what happened last night I contacted Chaeyoung so i could ask her about what i saw, those eyes, Jennie's eyes were different.

I could tell that it wasn't Jennie who i talked to last night but I didn't know how to confirm it, earlier that day she was mad at me and she didn't want to see me but later on she jumped herself on me and i was forced to submit to her.

Speaking of that moment i suddenly felt goosebumps thinking about last night once again, I can't believe that just happened. Im trying so hard to forget but when i do It quickly comes back to mind.

I sighed in frustration as i wanted to concentrate on our conversation, lately ever since, I've been zoning out wherever and whenever.

"That's weird, this is the first time you encountered something like this, correct?" Chaeyoung has been typing endlessly on her laptop as she was doing her best to do some research and reach out to people who can actually be of help to us.

"Yeah, i feel like im dreaming or something. None of it makes sense like how the fuck can someone hate you and refuse to see you at first and then want to see you after—" i just realized that I haven't told the whole story to Chaeyoung yet. She glances at me with a serious look and gets back to her typing on her laptop.

"You haven't told me everything haven't you" i started looking around and scratching my head avoiding any eye contact while Chaeyoung frowned.

"Tch, get rid of that habit will you? I can't help you if you keep on hiding things from me" while packing up her stuff she furiously walks away.

"Find out more before you waste my time" then on, i watched her walk away out of the coffee shop and into the distance.

I sighed and face palmed. "What am gonna do?"

~~~

"Im curious about miss Kim" Jihoon said while cleaning the living room, me and dita looked at him surprised and just eyed him as he swept away.

Jihoon looked our way and had a questionable look on his face. "Uh...did i say something wrong?"

I looked back at my computer since i was doing work and replied to him. "No, but why tho? What's with miss Kim that got you interested?"

Dita nodded. "Yeah well i am also kinda interested in her, what's her story, how was she before and all that"

Jihoon sighed and continued sweeping. "Who wouldn't be curious about someone like her? She can be cranky now and be intimidating later"

I rolled my eyes at his comment. "It's best that we let miss Kim be herself, it's our mission to take care of her at all times. There are still things that we don't know about her after all, let's just do our end of the bargain and just try our best to not disappoint her"

After what i said Jihoon and Dita suddenly went silent i looked at them and saw how down they looked.

I forgot they were still kids, i should be easy on them

I immediately gave them a small smile. "But hey, im sure miss Jennie will come around through time. Let's try to understand her side"

Their faces immediately lit up and i continued on working on stuff on my laptop. I then heard Dita chuckled.

"Why are you cleaning anyways? Didn't the maids do this room earlier?" She asked. Jihoon shook his head. "Yeah but i have this cleaning habit whenever im bored so might as well just pass time by helping with the cleaning, we are just body guards after all"

"Goodmorning" Seulgi walked in with a bright smile on her face, she also placed down a box with bottles of coffee inside for us to drink.

"Here take some, oh! Pass this out to the other guards too!" We each took a bottle and had a drink and chatted for a while.

I must admit, this place would be so boring if Seulgi weren't here. I think Dita and Jihoon feels the same, even the kids feel awkward around me.

After our morning routines and checking on the area, all the guards went on their stands while the 3 of us stayed with Seulgi since she had something to discuss with us.

"So to make everything easy for you three since you guys will be the ones who are gonna be the nearest to Jennie, i feel like i should tell you this for your sakes" Seulgi said while typing on her laptop. Me and the kids just waited in our seats as we watched her do her thing.

"Ok, listen carefully" Seulgi immediately turned her laptop around for us to see, it showed two same pictures of Jennie but the difference is...

"What's wrong with her eyes?" Jihoon asked.

Seulgi nodded as if she was satisfied that Jihoon mentioned it. "It's great that you noticed, so my point her is...Jennie is a special case" she said while sitting on the table while showing us the photos.

"Jennie went through something tragic back then which resulted to her gaining a mental impairment"

She proceeded through some photos and then finally showed us a photo of Jennie that finally gave us an idea of what we were dealing with.

The photo showed a picture of Jennie on a hospital bed, in the first photo it showed Jennie's normal self with an angry face shown on her as for the second pic...it suddenly gave me chills.

"She looks so...different" Dita said.

In the second pic it showed Jennie almost strangling a nurse and what really emphasized on it is her eyes...they were gold.

"Jennie Kim has an identity disorder, she has a split personality where when her eyes are normal she is her cranky self while when her eyes are gold, she's totally a whole new person. She becomes dangerously violent in that state which is why i am telling you to be careful when you are around her"

She placed her laptop aside and looked at us seriously. "Those photos i showed you, they finally gave you an idea on how serious of a case miss Kim is so its better that i prepare you guys for what's worse to come"

I looked over at Jihoon and Dita and i could tell they were really nervous, they barely have years of experience yet they have to take care of something big like this.

But i have the hardest job, im the one who will mostly be with Jennie. These two are just beside me as my assistants so I can't rely on them too much.

"When you see that Jennie's eyes are absolutely normal then you're safe but once you see a hint of gold in them, immediately call me and others for help. Better yet, maintain your guard and don't go soft so easily..."

When Seulgi said that I immediately cringed. Little do you know that the person who's in charge of the client almost had sex with her.

"You got it? Make sure you have your guard at all times, it's best that we play everything safe and not trigger her so that she won't come out"

Dita and Jihoon suddenly looked confused.

"Im sorry but who?" Jihoon asked.

Seulgi sighed and looked at us seriously.

"Ruby"

Knightingalez