CHAPTER 11

The Barriers

Get close to jennie & ruby, find out that secret.

How hard can it be?

"Good morning miss Jennie!"

I gave her a bright smile, psychologists say that if you smile at someone who just woke up it'll make their day better!

Of coarse as per usual Jennie just looked at me and walked past by going down the stairs to have breakfast, i closed my eyes in annoyance and patted myself on the back.

It's okay Lisa, you must do this to succeed. No matter what response she gives you must accept it.

On my observation, jennie is surprisingly a very organized person. She has her usual morning and night routine, in the morning she wakes up around 7 am she goes into the bathroom to wash up and goes out to have breakfast. While having breakfast she scrolls on her phone, after that she sits in the living room and watches her favorite shows. Lately she's been watching k-drama's.

Then on her night routine, she has dinner at 7 pm and goes into her room after, from then on she doesn't come out until tomorrow.

This gave me a chance to adjust to her schedule, i had to sleep early to make sure that im the first person that she sees.

I wake up 30 minutes before her so i could prepare myself, fortunately in front of Jennie's room is another lounge room on the second floor that way i can always have my breakfast upstairs and greet her at the right time.

Next thing i do is i asked the maids what food she always eats, i'm not the best cook but i want to make sure to get on her good side. "Are you sure that you want to do this miss? What if lady Jennie gets angry?" One of the maids worringly said.

I shook my head and held her hand. "It's fine i got this okay? Now teach me!"

Turns out Jennie doesn't have much favorites, she likes whatever there is available. The only problem is they make sure that they don't anger her so she doesn't lose the appetite, unfortunately Jennie has an unhealthy eating habit. Before we came here she mostly ate ice cream for all 3 meals, she even passed out while walking kuma on the beach. Good thing she followed instructions from her doctor so she's better than before.

~~~

"Who cooked this? I can tell this isn't something you made" Jennie frowned while looking at the maid. The maid immediately shook her head and pointed at me. "It was miss Lisa's cooking! She made all of this for you miss Kim!"

She turned to me with a cold expression and i just winked at her while continuing on cleaning the utensils.

"It's good, i liked it" she said and then took another bite. Bingo

I smiled in triumph and got even more motivated to do even better for her, now i want to learn more recipes for her. While i was washing the rest of the dishes used Seulgi elbowed me and smiled, you're in a good mood i see that you got yourself on Jennie's good side?

I shrugged and chuckled. "If im going to be working for her for a while then why not?" I smiled.

She nodded. "Uhuh, well keep up the good work. Remember, Jennie takes a walk at 3 in the afternoon so tell Dita and Jihoon to use that time as a break. Go out with Jennie and have fun for a change" she said and then walked off.

Go out with Jennie and have fun for a change...that's it!

When it was time for Jennie's walk with Kuma I immediately took the lead with Jennie's hand in mine.

She scoffed. "Ugh, what are you doing let go of me!" She said while trying to get off my hold.

"Just follow me miss Kim! You won't regret it" she sighed in defeat and just continued running while trying to keep up with my pace.

I told Dita and Jihoon to just follow us from the back. I dragged her over to an ice cream shop by the beach not a few meters from the house.

"An ice...cream shop? You...brought me, TO AN ICE CREAM SHOP?" She shouted while panting.

I giggled and held her hand and dragged her in. "Oh come on don't act like you dont want it"

From then on, we had ice cream while enjoying the view of the beach. Surprisingly Jennie wasn't too hostile today, she just went with the flow, had a casual conversation with all of us. We all had a great time.

Then dinner came, we all enjoyed dinner, i cooked us one of my dad's special recipes and im glad Jennie liked it. She even asked for another plate of it.

Who knew i was able to bring out this side of Jennie, it all feels too easy so i still had to keep my guard up. Before Jennie went in her bed i greeted her goodnight and she turned around and said "thanks" before going in her room.

That sent me jumping in excitement and giggles, finally from all those days of greeting Jennie good morning and treating her paid off. Still, i have a lot yet to uncover so I can't celebrate yet.

I laid in my bed looking at the ceiling smiling because of everything i've done for her so long, it feels good making someone's day. Being Jennie's reason to smile is something im determined to achieve.

While staring off into the ceiling i suddenly realized that my heart was beating at a fast pace, i sat up and breathed normally yet my heart still continued pounding.

What's wrong with me...wait...no, it can't be...

No, i am not gonna let myself get into something childish. I don't like her, im only doing this to get the job done.

But why can't i help but feel excited, i turned comfortably on my bed and looked out the window.

I have to put up walls around me, I won't let myself give in.

Knightingalez