CHAPTER 23

Doomsday

"What are you gonna do with the money? Does Jennie have any say in this?" Lisa asked.

Ruby sat in silence for a while and thought. Can i let her decide along with me? No, she's too weak to make such rational decisions. Her decisions are what's pushing us back, im tired of all of this. Im ending this as soon as i can.

She shook her head in response. "No, I'm making every decision, no matter what happens im sure she'll understand."

Seulgi and Lisa felt uneasy at to what she said, they feel like Ruby should calm down for a while to think about their next moves but it seems that it's going to be challenging for them since Ruby is very serious about what she wants to do next.

"I'm gonna use the money to find us a new place to settle in, before we officially move i'll make sure to know where the will is. I'm not sure if Jennie will cooperate but I'll make sure everything goes my way." Ruby said in confidence, knowing her parents since she asked for money in return for information she's sure that they will try to do something to prevent them from doing anything further.

"Do you need our help? At least let us assist you, this stunt is pretty much hard to pull off alone. Remember, anything unexpected can happen sooner or later so we should be careful." Seulgi is also aware of how cunning Jennie's parents are, if they don't play their cards right then things will turn badly for them.

Ruby thought the same, while thinking for a few moments she then came to conclusion. "Okay, I'll accept the help."

Lisa smiled at her response, she stood which made Ruby and Seulgi look at her. She crossed her arms and smirked.

"Okay, can you elaborate your plan so that we can do everything swiftly."

Ruby nodded.

A plan to catch our freedom.

So with the money we got from Jennie's parents i can go ahead and purchase a house for Jennie, a house hidden from everyone in a remote location. Because of this Jennie's parents won't be able to locate us immediately, this will give us time to present Jennie's grandparents will to the police which will give them the authority to arrest the Kims and Jennie will be able to inherit it all along side her sister.

The only problem is that Jennie is the one who knows where it is, Ruby has no knowledge of it so she has to persuade her in order to know where it is.

Knowing Jennie she might have a little problem in getting information out of her so she'll have to do her best in order to get something out of her.

Ruby thought of everything for a while now, she's well aware of the cost of every action she'll take but she's willing to risk it all for Jennie's safety.

Everything has it's cons but if it's for the greater good then so be it.

~~~

As the days past everything has been moving swiftly and peacefully. Ruby was able to know the whereabouts of the will even without asking Jennie, turns out all she had to do was peacefully reminisce her past memories and see where it was.

How lucky for her that she was able to uncover it without any trouble. With the help of Chaeyoung, Lisa was able to purchase a house for her to stay in as a safe place.

Everything in the house also went smoothly, security increased and everyone was more vigilant. Even Jihoon and Dita stood guard along with Lisa, the three of them made sure that they kept an eye on Ruby for the time being.

"Uhm may i ask why are we doing this lately?" Jihoon asked. They didn't bother explaining anything to the rest of the teams since they didn't want to bring unwanted attention, they were only asked to be more alert than before.

"I have a feeling you guys are hiding from us huh" Dita smirked. Lisa scoffed and scolded her.

"Hey watch it, this is for Jennie's safety okay? I'll explain it to you guys once everything is clear."

Dita giggled and apologized.

As night came all didn't bother to let their guards down, the security team on the outside took turns in taking rests to let the others replenish their energy.

It was as if the place became a work place, most of the people in the place were awake and doing their assigned tasks.

Lisa sat in the second floor living room along with Dita, Jihoon and Seulgi since the three of them were the most needed by Ruby.

"Okay, tomorrow we'll transfer Ruby to the house in the remote location. We have to make sure that this goes smoothly okay? And as early as possible so we don't encounter unwanted traffic." Seulgi said making Lisa surprised.

"Already? I have a bad feeling about this, isn't it too soon?" She asked. Seulgi shrugged and continued working on her laptop.

"It's what Ruby wanted, i trust her enough since it looks like she knows what she's doing. All we have to do is support her and protect her, she's like a diamond in the rough being hunted by treasure hoarders."

Lisa nodded and laid back on the couch. "Speaking of, what is Ruby doing right now?" Dita asked.

Seulgi glanced at her watch. It was already passed 10. "Im sure Ruby is sleeping right now since she and Jennie share some habits, can you go check on her for me please? Quietly so you won't wake her up." Seulgi instructed Jihoon.

He nodded and stood up.

Lisa stood up and stretched her back while yawning. "I'm gonna go to my room and rest since we're leaving early tomorrow, hopefully everything goes fine" she said while walking.

Dita and Seulgi agreed.

Before Lisa could leave the living room the three of them were shocked when Jihoon shouted.

"GUYS! HELP!" Jihoon came running to them. "What?" Seulgi asked worringly.

Lisa started to feel nervous as she laid her eyes on Jihoon who was shaking and felt panicked

"JENNIE'S KIDNAPPED! THE WINDOW'S SHATTERED AND THERE'S BLOOD ALL OVER HER ROOM!"

All of a sudden some of the guards came running into the room.

"What's happening!" Seulgi asked furiously.

The security men saluted before speaking. "Some of our guys were attacked!"

Knightingalez