One

First things first:

Hey there! How are you? I want to first start with saying thank you so much for giving this book a shot. This is my first ever book on Wattpad so please have mercy. Also, English is not my first language so please feel free to point out any errors and I'll correct it. I'm open to CONSTRUCTIVE criticism and nothing else. So if you're here to leave hate comments or just negative vibes, leave. I'm not going to tolerate rudeness for no reason but yet again constructive criticism is appreciated.

Time line:

Started: 25 December 2020

Ended : 13 June 2021

Playlist:

Zayn: Natural
Zayn: Better
Zayn : Befour
Zayn: A whole new world
Zayn: Let me
Zayn: Good years
Zayn: There you are
Zayn: Still got time
Zayn: There you are
Zayn: Pillow talk
Zayn: Tonight
Zayn: Drunk
Zayn: Satisfaction

Without further adieu!!! Enjoy!!

------------------------------------------------------

First Day at New School

I walked out of the administration office into the bustling hallway. I glanced down at the map of the school I just received, trying to work out where my first class was. I wasn't very good with maps, and the fact that the school was one big maze didn't help either. In my old school, everything was in one four storey building but here, classes were mapped out to form one big campus. It was confusing to say the least. Someone bumped into me, causing both my map and I to collapse on the floor in a heap. "Are you okay?" A familiar voice asked me as I scrambled up from the floor. A well manicured hand grabbed mine and helped me up. I gaped as soon as I saw who it was. "Priscilla? Priscilla Barrymore?"
"You know me?" She asked, a thin eyebrow raised.
"I watch your videos on YouTube all the time."
"Really? Finally! Some recognition for my work. Are you new? I've never seen you around." This seemed like invitation enough to start a conversation.
"Yes,"I nodded.
"What's your first class?"
"AP English."
"That's right next to where I'm headed!" She beamed. She grabbed my hand, and began leading the way. I was relieved and happy that I'd made a friend on my first day. Of course the first day jitters made me a little quiet, but soon I felt comfortable around her to start being myself a bit. It was a great start to a not so great year.

* * *

I arrived early to class - English Lit AP, and sat at the front. Sitting at the front always made a good impression on teachers, and Lord knew I needed to get atleast one teacher to like me. The teacher walked in a minute later, and grinned at me. "You must be new, no one would sit in the front my class," she chuckled, voice slightly raspy but friendly enough.
"My name is Camilla Saurez."
"Spanish?" She raised a bushy eyebrow, putting her bag on her tall wooden desk.
"My father is," I nodded, deciding I might just like my new school if all my classes were going to be like this. My parents and I moved to Riverside, Canada after my dad was promoted to a veteran practice. I was very anxious at first. The small town in Southern California that I grew up was all I knew afterall. But so far, Canada wasn't so bad.
The teacher began busying herself with some papers. I studied her slim figure, wondering why she wasn't a model instead of a teacher. Of course she didn't have the face, her nose was too long and  hooked and slightly crooked, but she had the beautiful body to make up for it. I shivered as I felt the cold January wind hit my bare arms and legs. Canadian weather was definitely not as warm as Californian weather. Back in Cali, I could still wear a tank top in the dead of winter. I couldn't imagine doing that here. The December chill was still around, and it didn't help that this school had a strict no pants for girls rule. I pulled the grey uniform sweater from my bag just as the bell rang. Teenagers began bustling inside, all headed to the back. I wondered how long it was until they realised that someone had to fill the seats in the front too. When the second bell rang, the second group of people filed in. They groaned when they saw that the seats at the back were all taken. There was one seat, that was more to the back, but was no doubt the best in the entire classroom. The person who was sitting there could easily hear and see the teacher but could also hear and participate in the conversations in the back. The only disadvantage I could see from sitting there was that it was right next to a window and with the raging cold weather...that must've been pure torture. But the more I stared at the seat, the more I wanted to go sit there. I wondered why everyone settled everywhere but there. Maybe it belonged to the class bully? We used to have those at my old  school. The class began a few minutes later. "You all know who I am," the teacher began. She scribbled her name on the board anyway. "I know most of you. A few new faces. I hope you all enjoyed your holidays -"
" We got some ass!" A rude boy from the back of the classroom shouted. Everyone began to giggle, everyone but me. I just couldn't find anything funny about what he'd said. It was either I had a dry sense of humour or his poor attempt at a joke just wasn't funny. Probably the latter. "Jason get out of my class!" Ms Butler shouted. Jason had curly dark brunette hair and a pleasing complexion. Jason had dark chocolate hair and matching brown eyes. Although his features were nondescript, his face oddly looked....handsome. He had one of those faces where you can't decide what made him handsome. He just was. Maybe the tan skin helped. I watched him as he sheepishly made his way out of the classroom, my eyes following him until he reached the door. That was when I first saw him. He was wearing a black leather jacket over his grey uniform and had nose and eyebrow piercings. His eyes were a confusing gold with specks of green in them and were a sharp contrast to his charcoal hair. He had one of those strikingly handsome faces that always seemed to shock the more you looked at them. He looked unbothered as he strolled to the empty seat by the window. Of course he'd want the best seat in the class, he just struck me as that kind of guy. Though he didn't have the face of the class bully, he probably was. There was no mistaking the look he gave Ms Butler, it seemed too....intense to be an innocent one. "Mr Malik, I'm sure you don't want a tardy on your first day," Ms Butler said. I peeked over my shoulder at him, barely refraining my gasp at his utter perfection. He was too busy tying his shoe laces to notice that all eyes were on him. "And that isn't proper school uniform," Butler continued besides having been ignored. I could hear silent giggles and whispers. We all wanted to see how this would end. "Zayn I'm talking to you!" The teacher threw her hands up in the air. This made the giggles increase in volume, until the teacher herself could hear them all the way from the front. Zayn hummed to himself (surprisingly well actually- the guy sounded like he could sing), completely disregarding the fuming teacher. "That's it! Go to the principal's office and tell him what's your problem!"
Zayn wordlessly stood up and strode out of the room, confidence and ease oozing out of him. As if being sent to the principal's office was a daily occurrence ( but come to think of it, maybe it was for him). He seemed totally unbothered, but he slammed the door a little too hard which was a clear sign of anger. This seemed to amuse the rest of the classroom. Great! I was stuck with a bunch of idiots who thought everything was funny and a Hardin Scott wannabe.

------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hi! How are you enjoying the story so far? Is it what you expected? Or is it not? Have you spotted any errors or something that I should work on? I know I'm definitely not the best author on this platform, and I know my story is not that popular so I really appreciate you giving it a shot. Writing is my passion and I'm genuinely so happy to be part of this wonderful community. BTW, I don't mind anybody advertising their story here or anything. Infact, please do. I've been in search for a good story for so long and I'd appreciate it if you just left a suggestion (even if it's your book). Anyway, thank you again for reading. I really really really really hope you enjoyed this chapter and the many more to come. Please vote and comment. Have a nice day!

Bye:-)