Twenty seven ✓

The day I met...
Jameel Malik

"You did what?" I gripped my phone tighter, knuckles turning white and praying I hadn't heard him correctly. "I shot my father," he repeated, voice uncharacteristically frantic. He sounded panicked so my first instinct was to get him to calm down. Well, I guess I should just forget about having a casual Saturday morning, I remember thinking as I sat up.
"Relax. Breathe. Just stay calm," I instructed, basically copying what I thought the police officers told you if you called 911. They'd probably tell you not to panic right? He inhaled and exhaled, and then did again until he finally seemed to calm down a bit  I got up and started putting on my shoes.
"Is your father still alive?" I asked.
"Yes. I only shot his leg. But t-there's a lot of blood."
"Hurry and put pressure on the wound and then call an ambulance."
"He told me to call his mate, Matt. Said I shouldn't call the hospital."
"Why not!?" What was I, a seventeen year old, supposed to do if he didn't want paramedics?
"They'll want an explanation and I currently don't have one."
"I'll be there in a few minutes."

***

I never dreamt that I would meet Zayn's father, especially under these circumstances. I'd developed some loathing for the man, and imagined I would be livid if I ever saw him. But you couldn't really be hostile to a man in his.... predicament. Unless you're heartless (which I am not). He was lying on the floor, head propped on a pillow and a pool of almost dried blood around him. How long had he been lying there? There was a man bent over him, working on his left leg which was soaked in semi dry blood. Zayn was also bent over him, anxiously watching the man as he worked. His hands were bunched into fists, probably to stop the shaking. "Zayn?" I called, hesitantly making my presence known. He looked up, eyes bloodshot before he sprang onto his feet and threw his arms around me. His familiar scent suddenly filled the air around me. Despite my confusion, and shock, I hugged him back. I had to remember that as much as I didn't want to be there, he'd trusted me. And that I did appreciate.
"I didn't mean to do it. I- I swear I d-didn't," he sobbed, arms so tight around me I could barely breathe. It was my first time ever seeing him cry unabashedly, and it was an odd sight.
"I know," I said softly, pulling away to give him a soft kiss on the lips. When we pulled apart, I was surprised to find his father staring at us. His eyes were hooded, he seemed to be fighting to even keep them open. Had they atleast given him something to ease the pain?
"So you're the girl who has turned my boy soft?" He asked quietly, voice soft and hoarse, although coated with a twinge of humour. The man beside him looked up at me before returning back to his work. He seemed to be doing an okay job of stitching the bullet wound, though I had to admit, it did not look too professional. It would definitely leave a nasty scar."That's Matt," Zayn informed me, voice soft and arm around my shoulders. "That's Jameel," he nodded to his father.
"Your father," I said, laughing dryly to hide my fear. This is the man cruel enough to keep his son away from school. He certainly didn't look cruel, but yet again, looks could be deceiving.
"Come closer," Jameel suddenly instructed. I looked at Zayn, stepping forward when he nodded reassuredly. "What's your name?" Jameel asked.
"Camilla," Zayn answered before I could.
"Well, you're really pretty Camilla. I'm not surprised my son likes you."
That caused me to blush a deep shade of red. Thankfully, Zayn pulled me up and out of the room. We made our way down the extravagant hallway, and descended the sprilling staircase. "Do you want anything?" He asked as he led the way to the kitchen. It looked like a picture from a home architecture magazine. "No," I shook my head. "Do you want to tell me what happened?"
"We got into an argument, which is nothing new. I have no idea how things escalated to him pointing a gun at me and then suddenly in the blink of an eye, I shot him."
"Oh," It's all I could manage to say. I was shocked.
"I'm such a ....a monster," he sobbed, eyes welling up.
"No," I said softly, palming his cheeks. "Negative self talk won't help the situation. We just have to hope your father pulls through."
"We?" He asked, a small smile pulling at his lips.
"Yes," I said firmly. "We are in this together."
He pulled me into his arms, hugging me tightly. "I love you," he whispered. My body stilled, and my heart beat increased. He- he loved me? "You don't have to say it back," he quickly rushed to explain."Just know that I do."
He brought his lips down to mine, with so much intensity I felt I had to say it back. Because I felt it swirl in my chest. "I love you too."

A/N

Hiey!!!!!!!!!! How are you all doing? I hope this chapter finds you all well. Thank you so much for reading this chapter.

Bye:-)