Twenty eight ✓

Darren Nelson

The red head from Zayn's group, whom I recognised as Darren Nelson sat down next to Priscilla. Interupting our conversation. "Hi," he smiled, a dimple appearing in his left cheek. "Oh hello, Darren," Priscilla returned the smile. I chose not to say anything, instead I stared over his shoulder at his friends. Darren had never directly talked to me, even when I sat with them that one time. "So," he began, somewhat uncomfortably. "Do you have any idea why Zayn has suddenly disappeared off the surface of the earth? The dude went AWOL." He tried to feign casualty, but we both knew he was more desperate to know than he was letting on.
I didn't miss the way that he watched me intently, trying to gauge my reaction. Reaction to what? Your guess is as good as mine. My immediate response was lying.
"I have absolutely no idea. Did you try his cell?" My eyes flickered to Priscilla, who seemed way too interested in this seemly boring conversation.  "Would I have resorted to asking you if I hadn't?" Darren asked, grey eyes boring into mine. For a second, I was scared that he'd see through my little lie. "He just caught a bug. Nothing big." I hoped he wouldn't question this.
"But big enough to make him stay home for almost a week?" Damnit! He questioned this.
"Yep,"I nodded. He didn't look too convinced much to my dismay but left anyway.

***

Darren's POV

When the bell signalling the end of lunch rang, I grabbed Camilla's arm and pulled her aside. I had a feeling there was something about Zayn that she was hiding, and as Zayn's best friend, I felt like I had a right to know. She looked down at my hand, that was currently gripping her forearm. As a result, I quickly removed it self consciously. Something about her made me nervous. It was no secret that she was a good looking girl- dark hair, tan complexion, full rosy lips. My eyes trailed down to her body, admiring how fashionable she made the dull grey school uniform look. "You didn't believe what I told you earlier, did you?" her voice startled me, almost making me jump. I shook my head no. "Well, I need to get to class,"she sighed, her tone dismissive.
"So do I. Tell you what, when you leave for your fourth period class, go to the storeroom by the lockers. I'll be there waiting for you."

***

After what seemed like forever, Camilla finally stepped into the storeroom. "Finally,"I rolled my eyes. She ignored my comment, chocolate eyes sweeping over the room. "What's wrong with Zayn?" I asked her. She opened her mouth to speak but I quickly cut her off. "The truth,"I said.
"How do I know I can trust you?"She crossed her arms over her chest.
"I'm his best friend. I could never purposefully hurt him." Honesty is the best policy. She scrunched up her face as she debated whether to tell me. But when she opened her mouth to speak, the door forcefully opened. Revealing none other than- "Jason and Mrs Butler?" Camilla gasped. And were they-
"Kissing?" I muttered the word out loud.

***

Camilla's POV

I couldn't believe what I'd just witnessed with my own two eyes. There was a moment of silence, no one doing or saying anything. Just staring at each other with wide eyes. Jason was the first one to speak. "What are you two doing here?" His eyes flickered between Darren and I, all the while wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. "Were you two doing the devil's tango? Oh, I wonder what Zayn would say about this."
"Nice try, Jason," Darren rolled his eyes."But the real question is why were you shoving your tongue down our English teacher's throat."
My eyes flickered to Mrs Butler, who was staring at the floor like it was the most fascinating thing in the whole world.
"Zayn did it. Why can't I?" Jason shrugged. My eyes almost bulged out of their sockets, brain trying to process whether I'd heard correctly. My reaction seemly amused Jason, because he grinned maliciously. "Did I hear you correctly Jason?" I asked, resisting the urge to slap the smirk right off his face.
"Yes. Zayn used to fuck Jasmine."
From the look on Darren's face, this was news to him too. I looked at Mrs Butler, my brain still in confused mode. She couldn't be that disgusting, could she? "You used to sleep with Zayn?" I asked softly. She lifted her head, eyes meeting mine with a foreign glint in them. "I still am."

A/N

Hi guys! I really tried to make this longer thus resulting in the multiple POV changes but it turned out short either way. I really struggled with this chapter, just getting it to flow was a challenge. It still doesn't flow but it's way better than the original piece I wrote. In the original manuscript, this chapter was supposed to be three chapters but I combined them thus resulting in the many ***(some time laters).
I haven't posted a chapter in a while, that's because I was away on a holiday but I'm back home and ready to finish this book. But like seriously, this book needs to end!!!I've been writing for MONTHS now!! I've already started writing the sequel and will reveal the name soon (not that anyone cares) Anyway, thank you so much for reading today's chapter. Please vote and comment, share your thoughts- deep stuff you know. Again, I don't think I edited this so feel free to point out any errors. CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is allowed. Nothing else. Thank you again.

Bye:-)