Nine

Actual Conversation

At exactly three past four, Zayn Malik strolled into the school library. More than an hour late. Seeing him, with all the rebellious energy he exuded, in a library, a place meant for studious nerds and geeks, was definitely an odd sight. He looked like he didn't belong there."Are piercings allowed in this school?" I randomly asked when he sat down, eyeing his eyebrow piercing. "What?" He asked, confused.
"I mean, you have two piercings so is there not some kind of rule against those here?"
"Even if there was, do I look like I'm one to follow the rules?"He cheekily grinned .Of course he wouldn't give a straight answer.  I rolled my eyes, giving up on the conversation all together. He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off. "Can we just get to work, Zayn?"
"Sure,"he nodded, leaning back in his chair and looking like he was preparing to do the opposite of working. I just hoped he wasn't expecting me to do all the work.
"How far are you with the book?" I asked.
"I'm....somewhere," he shrugged.
"Zayn!" I scolded. It seemed like I would that often with him.He rolled his eyes, as if I was the most annoying person in the world. Which was really hypocritical if you ask me since he was the most annoying one in that situation. "Look," he said. "I told you I was not going to read the book. What do you think has changed now?"
I peered up at him through my eye lashes and sighed, which for some reason amused him. "Why are you being so fucking difficult?" I echoed his earlier words. He smiled a genuine smile, but it was gone in seconds. "You should smile more often," I muttered. "Suits your stupid face," I added.
"Stupid face?" He smiled.
"You don't have to smile just because I said you have a nice smile," I rolled my eyes.
"Can we just backtrack to when you just called my face stupid?" He asked, voice full of mock embarrassment.
I ignored his question,and instead went back to trying to convince him to read Wuthering Heights. He was a stubborn arrogant fool who had no taste whatsoever so you probably know where that got me.
"Alright, well I've read the book. I guess we'll just have to rely on that. I'll tell you what happens in the book," I sighed after my attempts to convince him failed.
"Great!" He gave me a satisfied smile. "If you keep doing things like this I might actually like you."
"And what difference does that make to me?" I asked.
"You and I both know how much difference that would make," he replied arrogantly. He was leaning in now, elbows on the desk separating us. I didn't reply, opting to silently stare at him. Unravel him with my stare like he unravels me with his. It was no secret that Zayn was good looking, but amongst all my loathing I hadn't allowed myself to see him in that way. In what way you ask? In that intimate- I want to be with you way. But now, in the library of all places, with the setting sun casting a glow on his olive skin, I could see why girls would fall at his feet. He had soft kind eyes, that would've been perfect for anyone but him. They didn't match his personality at all, but we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover. After a few seconds, I realised that he was studying my features with the same intensity.
"You know, Saurez. You would be really beautiful if it wasn't for that horrid attitude of yours," Zayn said, looking and sounding completely serious.
"Thank you for the... compliment?" I had no idea what to say. He had just complimented me and bashed me at the same time. "You're welcome," he winked. "I don't hate you as much I thought I did though," he added. I was surprisingly shocked by his revelation, but managed a reply. "Oddly enough, me too," I admitted.
"Friends?" He held out his hand for me to shake.
"Not so fast Malik," I gently swatted his hand away.
"Not ready to forgive yet? You know you're actually hurting yourself more than me. It's like drinking poison and expecting me to die -"
"What about our contract. You just signed it earlier today."
"Fuck the contract," he smiled in a fuck it all way. I rolled my eyes, beginning to gather my things.
"Have a nice evening, partner!" I shouted over my shoulder as I strode away. "Right back at ya, friend!"

-------:-----------:---------------:------------------

A/N

I really had so much fun writing this chapter and I really hope you had as much fun reading it. Please vote and comment.

Bye:-)