Twenty one

Goodnight kiss

"Winnie the Pooh called, said he wanted his shoes back," Zayn teased me as I approached his Infiniti. I glanced down at my fluffy orange 'sunshine' slippers, giving him my middle finger. He had came unexpected, and I wasn't about to change out of my comfy pyjamas. Although it had been consirdebly hard sneaking out with the heavy slippers on my feet. I wondered what my parents would do if they found out I snuck out again. They had already grounded me for the last time I snuck out not so long ago. "You're lucky I even came, asshole," I swatted his arm playfully. He suddenly grabbed my hand and pulled me into a tight hug. Resting his head on my shoulder. "You're crushing me," I choked, but wrapped my arms around him anyway. It felt oddly....nice. I liked hugging him, who would've known.
"Sorry," he chuckled as he pulled away. "I just needed that."
A hug? Zayn Malik aka douche bag of the fucking decade needs a hug. Fuck me.
I stared at him, trying to figure out whether my eyes were failing me or I was witnessing a rare occurrence the equivalent of the eclipse or it had been really a tear that just streamed down Zayn Malik's cheek. "Are you....crying?" He wiped his face as soon as I asked.
"I'm not," he lied, making his way to the driver side. All the while avoiding my eyes like he would turn into a stone statue if he dared look at them.

***

Zayn pulled up next to the lake, wordlessly getting out and taking off his clothes. I followed suit but didn't take off my clothes, just content with stuffing my feet into the cold water. He shivered, eyeing me weirdly as I rolled my pants up to my knee so they wouldn't get wet and placing my slippers on the ground next to me. "Zayn," I called.
"Huh?"
"Do enemies hang out as much as we do?"
"I don't know," he smirked. "What do you think?"he asked.
"I think we're friends now."
"I think so too," he smiled before suddenly disappearing under the surface of the water, but not before I saw the naughty glint in his eyes. Oh no. Is he going to pull me into the water again?
He reappeared between my legs, placing his cold hands on my thighs to pull them apart. I have no idea why I did what I did next. Maybe I got caught up in the heat of the moment. I place a hand on his cheek, and another in his hair. "It's okay to cry sometimes," I whispered softly.
He looked up at me with eyes so sad that it tore at my heart. He opened his mouth to speak but quickly closed as if second guessing what he had been about to say. "You can tell me anything Zayn. Friends, remember?" I smiled softly.
"I-I can't," he shook his head, particles of water running down his handsome face.
"It's okay," I nodded. "I won't push you." I knew how annoying it could be if someone kept pushing you to say something you weren't really to say. Besides, I think it's basic common sense that people don't react well when they pressured to say something.
"Thank you," he gave me a small but grateful smile. And then, in the blink of an eye, his lips were over mine. He lifted himself out of the water, landing on top of me. I wrapped my legs and arms around him. My fingers tangled into his wet hair, as I let myself get lost in him.

***

Zayn parked the car a block away from my house. We stared at the darkness ahead in silence for a few seconds, still shocked by all that had transpired at the lake. We didn't do anything more than kiss but we almost did...you know- it. It scared me. The attraction, the need, the want between the both of us. "So," I cleared my throat. "Are coming to school on Monday?"
"It's not up to me."
"Your father?" I guessed, almost rolling my eyes when he nodded. What kind of parent would keep their child away from school?
After a second or two of silence, I spoke again. "I want to see you at school on Monday, Zayn." I had no idea where this sudden confidence came from. But that was the thing with Zayn, I always felt comfortable to say anything and everything on my mind. I felt I could be open, be my true self with him because I knew he wouldn't judge me. I just wished he felt the same too.
He gave me an amused smile, and nodded, clearly not taking me seriously. "Alright then, bye." He stopped me when I reached for the door. "One last kiss?" He asked, giving me the most seductive puppy dog eyes in the history of puppy dog eyes. I leaned in and pecked his lips. I tried to pull away but he grabbed me, deepening the kiss. I noticed, with glee, that he was flustered and breathless too as he told me to call him when I get home so he'd know I got home safe. I nodded, and left.

A/N

Hiiii!! I don't think I edited this so please feel free to correct or point out any errors. I'm aware that this story has a lot of plot holes but just please please ignore them. Thank you so much for reading my story and I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. Please vote, comment and share.

Bye😘