Twelve

A whole new world

I took a deep breath, before jumping out of the window. Zayn caught me, his strong hands gripping my waist to steady me. "My car is parked a few feet away," he said, hands on my waist to steady me.
"You have a car?" I looked up at my open window, praying that my parents didn't wake up.
"Would I have said my previous statement if I didn't?" He asked, obviously trying to be sarcastic. Notice how I say trying? I side eyed him but chose not to reply. After a few minutes, we approached a black Infiniti G20. "This is your car?" I gaped as Zayn got in, not bothering to open the door for me. What a gentleman.
"Why haven't I seen it in the parking lot before?" I asked as I buckled the seatbelt. "Between the time your mother drops you off and the time you frantically rush to be first in class, I don't think you notice much," he mused. I rolled my eyes and swatted his arm playfully.

* * *

We pulled up to an unfamiliar glass house. It was huge and gave off the impression that it was transparent- but even if you squinted you still couldn't see the inside, surrounded by a stretch of tall, dark trees. I followed Zayn out to the shed, looking around. From the way he was dressed, to the setting, this whole situation was beginning to look like the setting of a horror movie. One where I die.
"Zayn," I called. His head tilted to my direction, signalling that I'd captured his attention. "Where are we?"I asked.
He opened the shed, stepping inside and flipping the lights on. It was a fairly fancy shed, clearly designed for a rich man. He took so long to answer that I momentarily gave up on receiving an answer."We're at my father's lake house," he finally replied. There was a huge red motorcycle parked in the middle of the shed. The interior design of the bike was even more intimidating than the size. It looked like a motorcycle designed for dare devils. But yet again, aren't all motorcycles for dare devils? "Is it yours?" I asked as Zayn tossed the heavy red helmet at me. I barely managed to catch it, holding it against my stomach.
"I thought we'd take her out for a late night spin," he said it so casually and nonchalantly. But that situation wasn't casual and definitely wasn't addressed with nonchalance by a person who had never rode one before.
I gaped him, daring him to repeat his abhorrent suggestion.
"I don't think so," I shook my head.
"Why not?" He pushed back a black strand of hair from his forehead, his hands on his slim hips. He wasn't tall, but he was tall enough to tower over me a little. "Well, other than the multiple flaws in that plan, you only have one helmet," I pointed out.
"I've ridden without a helmet before, Camilla," he rolled his eyes.
"That's not safe Z," I reprimanded.
"So you're concerned with my safety then?" He cheekily grinned, narcissism dripping from his tone.
"I care for everyone's safety, you little narcissist. Bike riding at midnight on a gravel road is too risky," I said, my arms crossed over my chest.
"That's the whole point! Have fun. Live a little! Try something new," his voice was really convincing, but I wasn't about to give in without weighing the pros and cons. "There's only one pro: I'll enjoy a new life experience. Cons are that I could die, you could die. I could get injured, you could get-"
I hadn't realised that I was rambling out loud until he gripped my shoulders, shaking me violently."Stop! Don't overthink this. You're ruining the whole point, sucking the experience dry of the fun. This is your first time on a bike right?"
"Yes," I nodded.
"Be a little reckless, enjoy life and not think of the consequences. Just for tonight."
"I-I can't do that," I shook my head, my voice soft and terrified.
"Yes, yes you can. Come on, just for tonight. You're going to ride the lake and are going to have a late night swim-"
"I don't know about the swim-"
"I pushed it a tad too far, didn't I?" He asked, shaking his head with a smile.
"Yes," I laughed.

A/N

Did you like this chapter? If yes then there's more where that came from

P.S I think I edited this chapter, but I'm not sure...so please, feel free to correct any errors