Twenty five ✓

Heart beats the pump of my blood ( A/N : Do you know which Zayn song I'm referencing?)

Zayn's POV ( This was originally supposed to be in Camilla's POV but I thought it'd be more fun when it's his POV)

"You know, I can't keep sneaking out like this. My parents are bound to notice someday," Camilla joked as she buckled her seatbelt. I sighed with relief, glad that my comfort, my sunshine was here. At this point in time, she was my only access to the normality that I'd craved so bad.  "Don't you think they should meet the boy who has turned their good girl bad?" I asked, half joking half serious. I was serious about her and meeting her parents would signify that. But only if she wanted me to.
"What!?" She laughed, eyes wide. "You want to meet my parents?"
"I really don't understand why you're laughing," I shook my head, smiling softly as I began to drive. I guess that was a no.
"How was school?" I asked, needing a distraction from the not so good day I'd had. Finding out that your father is gravely ill and that you're going to be a leader of a underground Mafia business soon, all in the same day is a little overwhelming. Pftt... A little.  Who am I kidding? It's a lot. "You're sounding like a person who's already finished school," She laughed, voice light and airy. "It was cool. Jason came. He was limping."
I couldn't help the victorious smile that crept on my face. Finally! Some good news. That'll teach him not to mess with me again.
"Oh and Priscilla and Adam broke up," she said, eyes flickering to the darkness ahead for a second. I blinked twice before answering, utterly confused as to why she would think I cared. "And...why are you telling me this?"
"She said something about you being the reason they broke up," she continued, now watching me closely to see my reaction to that very false statement.
"Me? I didn't know they were dating until now," I sounded appalled.
"That's a lie and we both know it," she accused, pointing a stern finger at me.
"Eww, get your bony finger out of my face," I joked, laughing when she gasped dramatically, hands flying to her chest in mock shock. We spent the rest of the drive to the diner picking on each other. When we finally arrived, I was laughing so hard that my stomach hurt. "Did you know that laughing is a good ab exercise?" She asked as we slid into the booth, her across of me.
"No I did not," I said, glancing down at the menu just to avoid her beautiful eyes. Sometimes I feared that what I had for her was too much. Too strong.
"Well, that's a neat little fact for you," she smiled, sounding almost smug.
"Neat?" I snickered.
"Yes. Neat. Never heard that word before?"
"Who still uses it anyway," I mumbled, shaking my head at how easily she can make me feel dumb. No one else can do that. The waiter arrived a few minutes later. The conversation was easy and light, a perfect distraction. She represented everything my mother didn't. Strength. Independence ( well, as independent as a seventeen year old can be). But she was also similar to my mother in many ways. For instance, they both had soft calming voices and the most angelic laughter unbeknownst to man. And their caring and almost overbearing nature. Perhaps that's what drew me to the complicated maze that is Camilla Saurez in the first place.

***

"How long do I have to prepare?" I asked my father, eyes on his face. I didn't know why I hadn't noticed the slight ashy grey tint to his skin before. Or maybe my mind had just put it there just because I'd been looking for any physical signs of declining health. Lung cancer. I suppose that's what he said he had. "A little over a year. You'll be a senior by the time it's all yours," he answered softly. It. The infamous "business".
"I never wanted this for you son," he muttered, as if sensing the direction at which my thoughts were heading. I was terrified. Shitless. Mainly because I was walking into this blind, atleast until I started to figure everything out. A little over a year, he'd said. "But that is all besides the point. I have called you in here to tell you something important," he paused to catch his breath. "I've just recently been made aware that you have a brother."
"Brother?" I gaped.
"Yes," he simply nodded.
"You have had a son this entire time and you've now suddenly been made aware?"
"Yes."
"You are un- fucking- believable! You know that right?" I bellowed, getting up from my seat and preparing to leave.
"Sit down please. I have not told you everything."
I didn't sit down, but I didn't leave the room either. "He is your age."
"Does that mean we'll have to share? Everything?" I didn't suppose I'd mind but maybe he would.
"Is that what you want?" He asked, elbows on his desk as he leaned over.
"You want to know what I want?"
"Yes."
"I want nothing to do with the 'business' And would like to be informed if there is way for that to be possible. Even if it's through this..long lost half brother of mine." Maybe he could be my way out of this.
"I trust you the most, Zayn. I know you're going to be a good leader. You're everything I am and more!"
"Does that mean I still have to take over, even though you now have another successor?"
"Yes," he said, sighing softly. "I wish there was a different way-"
"Save it!" I sneered, already headed for the door. The dude really knew how to put me in an even shitter mood than usual.

A/N

Greetings ladies and gentlemen, I am here to tell you that this chapter has marked the beginning of the end! I actually think this book is going to have a sequel. I know, crazy right? But crazy is my middle name!!! I also want to share a neat little fact with you guys-
You: but why??
Me : Because I can! So shush and listen to wisdom.

Neat fact: Everytime you smoke, eleven minutes is taken from your life.

So to any smokers out there, be alert! Anyway, please don't take offence in any of this I'm just bored and thought I should share a lil something with y'all. Anyway, this chapter was not in the original manuscript at all so this is a completely new piece of Befour work ( I haven't done that in two months). The song I referenced in the title of the chapter is Befour by Zayn!!! It's actually the title of the book LMAO
Anyway, please vote and comment ( just share your thoughts and emotions - deep stuff yo) Love you guys so much and PEACE!✌️