Eleven

Late Night Visit

Thud!
I rolled over in my bed, wondering if I was imagining the assault to my window.
Thud! It was louder this time.
Nope, I was not imagining it.
I sleepily got up from my bed, throwing my sheets back as I yawned and made my way to my window. I pushed it up and Zayn crawled into my room. All the while muttering something about how I should get a bigger window. "What are you doing in my room?" My voice was a sharp but low whisper, careful not to wake up my sleeping parents. The slept a considerable distance from my bedroom, but there was never such a thing as being too careful. Zayn wordlessly analysed me, his brown eyes sweeping over my body. "You sleep in sweats?" He asked, eyes observing my pyjamas disapprovingly. I glanced down at my tank top and sweat pants, clearly offended. Plenty of people slept in their sweats. "What's wrong with sleeping with sweats?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest defensively.
"Don't you have some winter pyjamas or something?" He was now openly criticizing me. "I mean, a pretty girl like you should have a proper wardrobe. Don't you think?"
"Did you just call me pretty?" I asked, a goofy smile tugging at my lips. He either didn't hear me or chose to ignore me. It probably was the latter. Considering the fact that he lived and breathed being mean. He walked around my room, looking at my drawings plastered all over my purple wall, before settling down on the edge of my bed.
"At least I don't spend every waking minute in a leather jacket," I gestured towards his jacket. "And at least I don't sneak into my friends' houses at eleven pm for whatever reason," I added.
"So you regard yourself as my friend?"he smirked. I rolled my eyes as I closed the window. "So," I began awkwardly. The reality that he, a boy (obviously), was in my room had just hit me.
"So?" He raised an eyebrow.
"What brings you here at such an odd hour?" I asked.
"I was jogging by and wanted to see you," he lied.
"Jogging in jeans and a leather jacket?" I eyed his attire. His face was barely visible under the cloak of darkness but his piercings gleamed under the natural light coming through my curtain-less window.
"I was bored," he shrugged.
"So you were bored and the first person you thought of was me?"
"No."
"No?" I crossed my arms over my chest, raising an amused eyebrow. Talk about sending mixed signals. I couldn't figure him out, no matter how hard I tried to. "If you came here because you are bored I really have no idea how you expect me to entertain you, Z," I sighed, dramatically.
"Z?" He raised an amused eyebrow.
"Yes," I nodded.
He suddenly stood up, walking over to my wall of drawings. I watched him cautiously, feeling suddenly insecure about my work. He singled out a specific drawing, the one of a hand reaching out to grab a drowning girl. "Wow. This is incredible," he gasped as his fingers trailed the blended lines of the drawing, his eyes appraising my work. I felt a surge of pride, one that cancelled any other unsure emotion.
"Thank you." I stared at his back, observing him observe the drawing.
"What is the meaning of this drawing?"he asked. I took a step closer, placing a hand on his shoulder and admiring the drawing too. "It's uhm...." I struggled to find the correct words to express what I felt when I drew it. I always expressed myself better on paper, but in words? That was a whole different story. "It's a girl. She's ..Uhm..lost. Drowning in all her sadness, insecurities....challenges. The hand is reaching out for her, grabbing her and guiding her to the light."
"Is that how you feel?" His voice was soft, melodic even.
"Everyone feels like that from time to time," I shrugged. He looked at me, smiling slightly.
"What?" I asked.
"Get dressed."
"What?" I gaped.
"Did I stutter?" He asked."Get dressed, I want to take you somewhere."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N

Hi guys!!!! Today's chapter is kind of short, but yet again...all my chapters are short *shrugs*.
I was reading this book and the author wrote a 9000+ words chapter and I was like Whaaat!🤯 *Mimicks blown away emoji*

Alright, I'm pretty sure my attempts at being quirky aren't only bothering me so...😘byeee!!!