Seventeen

Something smells fishy

"Are you and Adam okay?" I asked Cilla as soon when Zayn and Adam were out of ear shot. "No," she sighed. I remained silent, waiting for her to continue, but she didn't. "Does it have anything to do with his new friend?" I emphasized the word friend just for good measure.
"Maybe," she shrugged. "He's just been so.... distant. I asked him whether he would like to hang out on Sunday and he gave me the coldest reply ever."
"How long has he been friends with them?" I watched Adam interact with Jason. I prided myself with my analytical skills but I was really slacking these days.
"They just miraculously started talking to him, being friendly and all. Zayn is the one I'm worried about," Priscilla said.
"Why?" I couldn't help but feel defensive.
"I think he's the one ruining my relationship. Putting all these doubts into Adam's head."
"But Adam has the ability to think for himself, don't you think?"Adam was not a puppet, he could pull against any strings if he wanted to. Adam draped his arm over Zayn's shoulders, whispering something into his ear. Zayn nodded and grinned, playfully punching Adam's arm. He looked genuine to me, but maybe my opinion was a little biased. "I don't think you understand how sly and manipulative Zayn really is. I know for a fact that he's the one responsible for the argument that Adam and I had this morning," Priscilla whispered, as if she was scared Zayn would overhear. This, for some weird reason, pissed me the fuck off. "That sounds like something Jason would do, not Zayn," I muttered, shrugging to feign casuallity. Priscilla's eyes flickered to mine, a hint of suspicion in them. "Why are you defending him?" She asked, making me almost choke on my soda. "I'm not," I quickly responded. "I just don't want you jumping to conclusions."
"I just-" Priscilla's lips trembled."Love Adam so much."
"It's okay. Just tell him how you feel," I gently took her hands in mine. She nodded, a tear streaming down her face. "Don't cry," I reached over and wiped the tear away. The bell suddenly rang, disturbing our conversation. I groaned, mentally preparing myself for track.

I made my way to the track field, the warm wind hitting my bare thighs. A sudden whistle caught my attention and I looked up, spotting Zayn and Jason in the trees by the field. I flipped them off. "Hot meat!" Jason bellowed.
"Oooh baby, give me some of that ass!" Zayn cooed. The few people around us turned to look at me, and I almost blushed. I stopped, turning to face him. "Looks like you're in trouble," Jason wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.
"Oh but trouble's my middle name," Zayn replied in a fake southern accent. "Shouldn't you assholes be in class?" I called, cupping my hands over my mouth. "You should've joined us at lunch," Zayn said, ignoring my question. I could feel Sindy's - the girl I'd been paired with - gaze. I glanced at her, almost flinching at the sheer envy in her eyes. "I wasn't invited!" I shouted.
"You didn't need an invitation. My lap was waiting," Jason said.
"Shut up dude," Zayn scolded. I rolled my eyes, wondering why Jason didn't just smack the shit out of Zayn's ass. "Alright I need to get going," I said, beginning to walk away.
"Those shorts should be illegal!" Zayn shouted behind me. You should be illegal, I retorted.....in my head. I hid my smile as I shook my head.

A/N

Again this is not my best work but I hope you enjoyed a little playfullyness from Zayn. Do you agree with Priscilla about Zayn? Or do you think she's looking to blame anyone and everyone for her failing relashinship???!! I'm sorry I took so long to update, I just lost some motivation somewhere along the way but I'm back! And I now know that it's not about the amount of reads or likes I get, it's about doing what I love. Who cares if no one sees it?! But all that aside, if you're really enjoying my story and you know someone who might too, please share!! And like! And comment! And add it to your reading lists!!!!! I'd really appreciate it because at this point, my A/Ns are basically conversations with myself.

I love youu..bye.

L.A😄😍