Fourteen

Purple

"Huh?" I asked, more so to gain more time to think of an answer. "What's your favourite colour?"he repeated.
"The colour of your eyes," I teased and earned a genuine smile from him. Those, I later came to learn, were very rare.His eyes twinkled, crinkling at the corners and lighting up whenever he smiled. "I don't have one," I clarified.
"Why not?" He raised a thick eyebrow.
"I love them all. But the thing is, I love warm colours, like red, yellow, orange. Although I prefer to wear darker shades-" I stopped abruptly when I realised that I was rambling. And that none of what I was saying was making any sense. Nice going, Cami. "I'm sorry," I giggled. "I'm rambling." Giggled? I, Camilla Saurez, giggled. What was this guy doing to me.
"No no, I like it," he shook his head, smiling. I smiled back at him, brushing a strand of wet hair from his forehead. Brave move if you ask me.My pulse quickened, proving exactly what I feared. I liked being with him....just simply talking- gaurds and walls down, it made me happy. "What's your favourite colour?" I asked softly.
"It's purple," he said and my eyes widened. You have got to be kidding me. He can't be serious.
"Your favourite colour is purple? Oh my god," I laughed, and he shook his head, splashing water at me. I ducked, clutching my stomach as I laughed."Why are you laughing? Many people like purple. What's wrong with purple?"
I ran a hand through my hair, my warm breath coming out like a cloud of smoke as I sighed. "There's nothing wrong with a person who likes purple per sé..."my voice trailed off as I shrugged, struggling to find the correct, not- offensive words.
"I look like a guy who likes black?" He raised an inquisitive eyebrow.
"Exactly," I agreed.
"Why? Is it because I wear it most of the time?" He looked  and sounded way too bothered by this.
"Aren't all bad boys automatically supposed to like black?" I questioned, earning a scoff.
"I'm not a bad boy, I'm far from that," he bit out, rolling his eyes at my outrageous comparison. Notice the sarcasm?
"I noticed," I joked.
"What do you mean you noticed?" He side eyed me. My body temperature was dropping with every single second that I spent in that lake, and the wet clothes were hella uncomfortable. "How long have we been in this lake?" I asked a few seconds later.
"About twenty minutes. Why?"
"I can't feel my fingers," I held them up as if to demonstrate.

* * *

I shivered as the harsh wind hit me and my wet clothes. Zayn tossed me his jacket and I muttered a hasty thank you. Slipping my arms into the warm and dry material. I folded the sleeves so they weren't preventing me from using my hands. "Come here," he said softly. I hesitantly made my towards him. He grabbed my hands, enveloping them in his, and started rubbing them.
"You should've brought gloves," he scolded, as if he had given me a chance to. The guy literally dragged me out of the window before I could even say "wait!".
"They would've gotten wet anyway since you decided that you wanted me in that freezing lake with you," I gestured to the lake behind me. I looked up from our hands, surprised to find him at such a close proximity that our noses were almost touching.
"You're very beautiful," he mused, his warm lavender scented breathe hitting my face.
"You're very handsome," I mused back. And then suddenly, in the blink of an eye, his lips were over mine. He grabbed my waist, pulling me closer, and I wrapped my arms around his neck, my fingers in his tangled wet hair. I leaned in, deepening the kiss. And his hands shot up to my cheeks in response. The utter need burning in my chest controlled my every movement. He wasn't my first kiss, but it felt like my first time being kissed. I'd never experienced so much with just one kiss. He held me tightly as he devoured every piece of me, like restraining himself was a thing of the past. I was the first to pull away, breathing heavily. I moved past him, grabbing the helmet and mounting the bike.
"I wish you could mount me that way," he mused. I looked over my shoulder at his amused smile, shaking my head at his bluntness. I secretly bit back my own smile.

------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Hi there! How are you? I hope you really enjoyed today's chapter. Please vote and comment. Thank you again for reading. I really appreciate it.

Bye:-)