20) Forever

"We meet our soulmates when we're on our soul path

"We meet our soulmates when we're on our soul path."
– Karen M. Black

A month had passed since the horrible attack on Eleanor and she was doing okay, more than okay, there were some wounds left but they had almost healed, she mostly dreaded the big scars they would turn in to.
Draco and the twins had been overly protective of her and Eleanor was sick of it. Not to complain— well maybe a little, but they treated her like a child and as if she was a ticking time bomb.

"Enough!" Eleanor swapped the hands that were attached to George's arms away and he gave her a dazed expression.
"I'm fine! I told you I'm fine, I tell you multiple times a day I'm fine! Stop fretting and just cuddle me," She told him with a stern look on her face and he laughed softly.

George finally let go of her and closed the space between his chest and her back, draping his long arms around her body. It had been a while since she had been to Malfoy Manor, much to Draco's regret; he had owled her that he was missing her and Eleanor was planning on returning to her home tomorrow. She hadn't told the boys yet, they were used to her presence now as she had only went home for 4 or 5 times the last month.

"Georgie?" Eleanor began and he hummed, the vibrations creating goosebumps on her skin, it were the little things, as in George's voice, that she loved so much.
She leaned into his hand which was stroking through her hair.
"I was thinking about going home tomorrow."

It was a silent for a moment before George responded.

"You are home?"

"No.. my real home. Malfoy Manor."

"You will come back, right?"

Eleanor turned around to look the boy in the eyes.
"To visit, yeah." He didn't reply and she could almost hear him think. "He isn't home, love. Draco told me he has left, Merlin knows where but I'll be safe. Draco will make sure of that."
George nodded after a while and closed his arms again around the girl, not happy at all but respecting her decision.

"Do you want to take a nap?" He whispered in her ear before connecting their mouths. Eleanor immediately captured his lips and made sure not to let go any soon, softly biting his bottom lip in the process.

"I'm not tired, are you?"
George shook his head which was quite hard to do with his head on the pillow. "Not really. What time are you planning on leaving us tomorrow? Fred and I have a small surprise planned."

"Oh?" Eleanor smiled. "Tell me?"

"It's called a surprise for a reason, love. Patience," George booped her on the nose lovingly and stood up from the bed, pulling Eleanor along with him. "Come on, let's spend some time with your lovely brother, he's been complaining that you spend too much time with us, rather than with him."