28) Doubts

It was the strangest sight ever really, but Eleanor couldn't stop the smile from spreading on her face. It seemed like her body reacted on autopilot sometimes as she had caught it acting weird on multiple times.

The blonde Slytherin girl shook the smile from her face and instead settled on a hard glare.
"What do you think you are doing?"

One of the redheaded twins, that were always stalking her, was crouched in the hallway while whispering to a purring Myron. His head snapped up and he scrambled upwards, the cat circling around his legs. Weird.. Myron always took a long time to warm up to strangers, why would he like the ginger boy all off a sudden?

"What is your name?" Eleanor demanded and the boy his face fell. It wasn't her fault she couldn't keep them apart!

"Fred Weasley."

"What were you doing with my cat, Weasley?" Eleanor once again asked and she crossed her arms in the hope that she would look more intimidating.

Fred smirked at the sight and leaned his body against the wall, his arms also crossing in a way to mock her.
"Myron and I are, in fact, great friends."

Myron meowed at that, as if he wanted to agree and padded over to Eleanor, asking for her to pick him up. She smiled softly at the fluffy cat before scooping it in her arms and placing a soft kiss on it's head.

"How do you know his name?"

"He told me. Are you done asking questions? What is this, an interview?" Fred said with a big grin on his stupid face.

"Don't be ridiculous, of course it's not," Eleanor glared at him. "I just think you have a lot of courage touching my cat without my permission. Do you know who I am?"

"Oh, I do," Fred's face seemed to fall for a moment but it was only a flicker.

"Where's your twin? I thought you two were adjoined by the hip. The famous Weasley twins.. You can't have one, without the other one closely following."

"Again with the questions, Ellie. Seems like you know an awful lot about us already."

"Shut up.. And don't call me Ellie."

The boy and girl were eye to eye now. Their shoes almost touching and Myron was looking between the two people he both adored.
It was silent for a while. Myron meowed.

"It looks like he likes you," Eleanor said with a small voice.

Fred hummed at that, outreaching his hand to scratch the cat between his ears but reconsidering when he saw Eleanor's hard look. 'Maybe not today,' He thought.

Eleanor walked away.

"Its been two months, Fred! I can't handle this much longer.. She won't even look us into the eyes anymore, I bet Draco put her up against us," George spoke his thoughts out loud.

"He wouldn't!" Fred argued but he had thought about it as well. Eleanor almost looked scared every time she saw one, or god forbid, the two of them. Just yesterday afternoon she locked eyes with them and completely turned around, heading the other way.