30) On her own

"

"...and when one of them meets the other half, the actual half of himself, whether he be a lover of youth or a lover of another sort, the pair are lost in an amazement of love and friendship and intimacy and one will not be out of the other's sight, as I may say, even for a moment..."– Plato

"How did it go?" Pansy whispered when Eleanor joined her in the Charms classroom. She pulled Eleanor's wand out of her robe and handed it to the girl. Eleanor had totally forgotten that Pansy had taken it from her.

"Better than expected," Eleanor hissed back before sitting down at the table on the end of the class. Professor Flitwick was already explaining them what to do.

Eleanor was not paying attention, too busy thinking about the two stupid boys she was just with, so she shrieked softly when Pansy pushed her arm for attention.
"Can I practice on you?"
El nodded, hoping Pansy would perform the spell correctly.

Everyone in the class was turning towards their neighbor and started saying the spells. A lot of laughter was heard.

Pansy pointed her wand to Eleanor's head and the blonde girls eyes turned big.
"It's not anything dangerous, is it?" She asked fearfully and Pansy snickered.
"Of course not, silly."

"Colovaria."

Pansy's eyes almost bulged out of her head before snorting hard. Her face was lightly turning red from holding her laugh in too hard. Still giggling she handed Eleanor a mirror.

Eleanor started laughing when she looked in the reflection. Her hair was now a bright purple color and she looked absolutely ridiculous.

"I look hideous!" El giggled at Pansy and the other girl agreed. "What is with you and purple hair?! You talked about it the other night, did something happen that I don't remember?"

"I can tell you now! A year and half ago Fred and George sent you on a scavenger hunt through Hogwarts. They enchanted a chocolate frog that gave you purple hair when you opened it. You hated it so much, it was hilarious!"

Eleanor didn't laugh. In fact; she looked like she was in shock.

"A year and a half ago?" She whispered. "How much did I forget?"

Their table was quiet and the white haired boy who was sitting in front of them, practicing on Blaise Zabini, turned around when he noticed it was too quiet. He quickly swallowed his smile when he saw his best friend in distress.

"Elle? What's wrong? Did the talk with Fred and George turn out bad?" Draco whispered the names of the boys in case anyone was listening, he placed his hand on her arm.