Chapter 1: The Reawakening

Ember's POV

I woke up in a snowy biome, coughing.

I turned around to see the hooded man staring at me.

"Tell me when you change your mind."

Than he disappeared, as if he was just an illusion.

"Ember?" I heard an unfamiliar voice call out.

I looked around to see a young woman, maybe a little bit younger than me walking towards me. I took a note of the steampunk goggles.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Nina," the girl said. "We haven't properly met."

"Nina?" I asked. "What is this place?"

"This place..." she said, quietly. "This was where you were during your last stand against Damian."

"Who was that cloaked figure over there!?" I asked.

"I'm... not sure," Nina answered. "Honestly, I don't live in this dimension. I just got knocked out and woke up here."

"What?" I said.

"Where I live, there's not a lot of us left," Nina explained. "The survivors... we're trying to find a way to cure the zombies. I've noticed that the zombies here are a lot less... gather as a giant army now."

"Yeah," I said. "But how..."

Nina shook her head. "We can discuss that later," she told me. "Just tell me what did he tell you?"

"He says that I won't be able to see my friends again," I said. "Does that mean I've lost?"

"What? No, Ember," she said. "We can stop him, trust me."

"Wait, what is this?" I asked, picking up a light blue jewel.

This power... it reminds me of the Stone of Memories!

"That's a relic," Nina replied. "They're capable of unimaginable power. Wielding all of them will make somebody so overpowered, they'll kill themself."

"A relic..." I echoed.

"I'm assuming that this relic was what brought you back," Nina continued. "But... I'm not sure who gave it to you."

I close my eyes.

I don't understand. What is this?

You will... use it to your advantage.

"Ember?" Nina asked, worriedly. "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine..." I said. "Come on, we should head to Dreadfort and warn my friends."

Uhhh, no, there will not be an EmberXNina ship.