Chapter 26: Killing the Moon

Sheila's POV

I was hunting outside, practicing. 

Andrew, Rain and Meeps still hadn't returned, but I wasn't too worried.

Wait! What was that?

I turned around to see Tsuki running off.

Oh, you're not going anywhere. I thought, grimly.

I ran towards her, my katanas drawn out. 

Tsuki turned around and countered my blade.

The two of us fought, as the sun was starting to set.

Tsuki pulled out a red End Crystal.

It began to glow and somehow, I knew I didn't want to see what happened.

I quickly tackled her, and Tsuki's sword clattered down.

I picked it up and yeeted the sword off the cliff.

Tsukinjumped backwards, as I began to approach her with my blades.

Surprisingly, Tsuki was quite nimble.

Suddenly, the forest burst into flames.

Something was floating, it looked like a piece of paper.

As it settled down, Tsuki ran towards me.

Without giving a  second thought, I threw one of my katanas.

I saw the blood splatter all over the place, and I saw the red End Crystal vanish.

I took out my other katana and approached Tsuki, ready to end her, when something made me stop.

I looked down to see that the paper had landed on my feet.

I crouched down and picked it up. It was a picture... no a photo. Two young enchantresses were chatting with each other. They looked so different, but somehow I knew them.

Tsuki... and... Stella...

I had only known her to be a tamed Netherkin, not a former enchantress!

Suddenly, my heart was crushed with even more guilt.

I looked up, the photo still in my hand, and saw that Tsuki was dragging herself against a tree, her chest bleeding, the blade stuck in her.

She looked up to see me staring at her. I couldn't move my mouth to form any words, so I hoped that the guilt on my face was enough to tell her how much I was sorry.

Tsuki's face was full of relief. Relief from being free from whoever was controlling her.

Our eyes met, and for a brief moment, there was flicker of understanding.

Then Tsuki's eyes closed as her head rolled to the side.