Chapter 24: Last Kinship

Song played: Zyzyx Lost It All

Rain's POV

"Who are you?" I asked, once the  ice demon noticed us.

"My name is Triton," he replied. "Hello, Dragon Prince."

Triton pointed towards us and his minions began to close in on us. 

"Rain, you go deal with Triton," Andrew said. "I'll deal with these guys."

As Andrew began to chop up the ice demons, I pulled out the Ender Greatsword and clobbered Triton.

Triton punched me in the face, sending me backwards.

As I got back up, I saw him throwing ice spears at me.

I slashed each one, shattering them.

Then, I ran up and smashed Triton again.

Triton smashed me into the ice, before tossing me into a wall.

I got back up, and summoned the wither book, without hesitating I cast a spell that made him scream in agony.

The spell didn't last long, though, so Triton got back up, with a pissed off look.

I threw a diamond sword into Triton's chest.

Triton stumbled, and gasped for breath, and that was when I knew that I had won.

Triton, looking desperate, threw his trident at me. 

Without even hesitating, or maybe it was just an automatic reflex, I swung the Ender Greatsword, knocking them trident out of my way.

Now, that Triton was weaponless, I was ready for the killing blow. However, he was smirking, as if he had already won the battle.

Worried, I looked behind me and what I witnessed next was the last thing I wanted to see.

I watched in horror as the trident went straight towards Andrew. Two of Triton's minions had grabbed him so he wouldn't be able to escape. In the background, I was aware of Meeps running towards her brother, desperately. She pulled out her bow and fired two arrows, killing the ice demons. However, Andrew, probably paralyzed with fear, could only close his eyes as the trident flew towards him. Then, there was a blinding light, and I could barely see the figure of somebody being pushed out of the way, as the trident, pierced the neck of a small figure.