Chapter 40: An Old Friend

Ember's POV

As the feral Netherkin flew backwards, I saw who his attacker was.

Netherkin horns, so I could tell that she was able to blend in, but her eyes were blue.

"Stella?" I whispered.

Stella was just as surprised to see me, but she smiled. "Long time no see, Ember," she said.

The feral Netherkin ran back and punched Stella, and before I knew it, they were in a fist fight.

I couldn't tell what was happening, but I was pretty impressed with Stella, since I knew that close combat was a weakness of hers. But she seemed to be holding out pretty well. 

Unfortunately, the feral Netherkin was stronger and obviously more skilled.

I got back up and drew out Flamix just as the feral Netherkin gained the upper hand by doing an uppercut.

Stella struggled to back up, as if she was exhausted. When that failed, Stella sighed in defeat.

The feral Netherkin got ready to tear her apart when...

The Netherkin looked around surprised to see me, right behind him. He looked down to see Flamix piercing his stomach.

He stumbled backwards, as I punched him into a wall, causing his back to break on the impact.

Stella looked up, and I held my hand out to her, she smiled as she accepted it.

"I thought you were dead," she said.

"Oh, I was," I replied. "But I came back to life with the Rebirth Relic." 

Stella nodded, as if she understood.

I sighed. "Look, I know that we've never gotten along," I said. "And that's my fault. And I'm very sorry about that. But I was wondering if we could just start over?"

"I understand why you didn't trust me," Stella told me.

"WHAT?!" I asked, kinda surprised.

"I never understood until I saw other Netherkin for the first time," Stella said. "And after seeing how they'll tear someone apart without mercy, I realized how insane they are... and I saw for the first time, how everyone felt when they first see me. Which was fear."

I looked away. "I'm still sorry though," I said. "But maybe we can become friends one day?"

Stella laughed. "Ember!" She said. "I thought we were already friends!"