Chapter 2: Shattered

Moon's POV

Everything has shattered, the Frostbourne has been fractured, the world is in blazing ruins. So many dead from just one single attack.

Who knew that just one man could cause so much destruction?

It was only thanks to Sheila's father that we were able to survive.

"It's strange living here," Daryll mumbled. "It reminds me of the first time Ser Theo recruited me to the Frostbourne.

Lady Azura seemed to be taking it the hardest, glancing back as if she wanted to turn around. It was only because of her husband, that she hasn't fled.

"None of them deserved to die," Kyle said, sadly.

I sighed, remembering everyone who died from the attack or the cave-in.

Kane and Dexter.

It was only now, that I realized a lot more citizens were missing.

Dano... but he was never a fighter in the first place.

Kaylee, who has been promoted as the Frostbourne healer, somehow managed to survive, and was now trying to tend the injured with a broken arm.

I wasn't exactly sure how that was supposed to work, but I knew that was just who she was.

And I was also relieved, Kaylee has been good to us.

Razer shook his head sadly, he wasn't the crying type, however he never did hide his misery.

"Thank you for letting us stay," Hilda said, wearily to Sheila and Ryan's father.

"Anything to help," the king said, nodding.

"I hope Stella is okay," Rain mumbled. "I haven't heard from her in months."

"Stella's fine, Rain," I told him. "She can take care of her herself."

Rain gave me a worried smile.

When will this nightmare ever end?

This is a nightmare, a world of darkness.

We lost so much...

But we were about to lose a lot more.