Chapter 4: Kingdom

Alex's POV

It was weird, having my friends in the kingdom where I live.

But Dreadfort had been destroyed by the last attack, meaning that they needed to relocate.

I wasn't sure how long the stay was.

Ryan, Sheila's older brother and head guard was chatting with their father,

The king nodded, looking a bit troubled.

"So, a great force of evil is out there," he said, solemnly.

"Was stating the obvious necessary, father?" Sheila asked. Causing Ryan to cast Sheila a warning look. "Careful, Sheila," he warned.

I smiled at Sheila's antics. "Maybe we should warn everyone else," Azura said. "Alert the Ender Watchers?"

Daryll shook his head "They're dead," he reminded her. "We only have Rain and Stella, and Stella has seemingly disappeared."

"She hasn't disappeared, idiot." Ser Patrick snapped.

"Who are you calling an idiot, idiot?" Daryll demanded.

"Everybody please," Kaylee said. "Calm down!"

I facepalmed.

"They're usually more well behaved than this," I told the king, who just nodded.

"Where is everyone by the way?" I asked Sheila.

"Getting settled in," she replied. "Except for Kyle, who knows what he's doing."

It was weird, if you asked me. Kyle and I have been best buddies since forever. But these days, sometimes we never cross paths anymore.