Chapter 7: Akuji's Fall

Music played: Neffex Fight Back

Any names in italics that's not from dialogue or a thought is either someone who's corrupted or it's not really them.

Ember's POV

"So this hooded creep's name is Kyllian?" Jun asked.

"Yeah," I replied. "Unless Moonlark was saying killing it." I chuckled. "Moonlark's English... is um... questionable."

Jun snickered at that. "I see," he said. "Now, I must admit. Seeing grass is really interesting."

"Grass is interesting?" I repeated. "Alright then!"

Nina rolled her eyes. "We haven't seen grass in years. All we've seen is dry dirt, and I mean, the dirt is as hard as stone."

"Ph, so you mean nothing is growing where you live?" I asked.

Jun nodded. "It sucks," he said. "But some people have it harder."

Nina sympathetically patted his shoulder.

"I know that you want to keep going," she said, yawning. "But..."

"We should rest," I finished.

Nina smiled as she closed her eyes.

I closed my eyes, and I dreamt of a place that I had never seen before.

The place was barren, no trees, flowers, or even grass.

This must be where Nina and Jun lives. I thought.

There was one woman, who looked like she was the ruler of the place.

It was also clear that everyone had somehow adapted because some people were scouting for zombies.

One scout was walking back, her face full of alarm.

"Tenaya?" The Queen asked. "What's wrong?"

"My scouting group was ambushed!" The scout said. "Ten times, as if they all know where we are! Everybody else got bitten!"

The Queen looked troubled. "You mean that the zombies seem to be coming more and more often everyday?"

"Yes!" Tenaya replied. "What do you propose your majesty?"

"I want you to go to the infirmary so we can make sure that you're not infected," the Queen said.

The scout gulped, but nodded.

"And, Tenaya?" The Queen added. "Thank you."

After Tenaya left, The Queen motioned to a guard.

"Yes, your majesty?" He asked.

"We're being invaded more and more everyday," she said, solemnly. "I'm afraid we may have to relocate."

"But where?" He asked. "We don't know any other safe havens, and we all can't travel for days just to find one."

The Queen looked troubled. "Get Akuji, Jun, and Nina," she said.

The guard saluted and walked off.

I looked at the Queen, who sighed, a face full of worry.

Then, I ran off to catch up with the guard.

The thing about me being in a dream? No, it's more of a flashback. Nobody pays any attention to me, they can't see me.

I noticed that Jun and Nina were talking to a young man, who I assumed was their friend, Akuji.

"So, when do you think this shitty apocalypse will be over?" Akuji asked.

"Hopefully soon," Jun sighed. "I mean it sucks for us, but it sucks even more for my younger sister."

Nina looked up from whatever she was tinkering with. "I hope that she'll be okay," she said. "It must be terrible for Roxy to be blind and to live in a time like this."

Akuji looked over to see the guard walking towards them, he raises his eyebrows as he got up.

"The Queen has a new mission for the three of you," he said.

"From the Queen?" Nina asked. "What for?"

"We're going to have to get out of here soon," the guard said. "The Queen wants the three of you to find a new place for us to live in."

The three friends looked thoughtful, until Nina nodded, saying "okay, we'll do it."

"The Queen can count on us," Jun said, putting his arm over Akuji's shoulder.

Akuji nodded, smiling.

After that, I saw Akuji leading his two best friends through the biome, eventually the three of them stopped as they tried to figure out what to do next.

"Jun, Nina," Akuji said. "You go search for a safe haven that way. I'll go find another one in the opposite direction."

"Are you sure you don't want us to come with you?" Jun asked.

"We'll be able to cover more ground," Akuji explained. "At the end of the day, we'll regroup at the Queen's place."

The three of them separated, and I tried to follow Akuji, curious to see where he went, when the flashback seemed to do a fricking time skip because the next thing I knew, I was at the Queen's palace again.

"Your majesty!" Jun called and the Queen turned around. "We found a possible safe haven!"

The Queen smiled. "Tell me about it," she said.

As Jun began to explain what the place was like, I saw Akuji walking into the castle, his head lowered.

Nina had also noticed him, because she turned around, with her eyes full of confusion.

The Queen opened her mouth to say something just as Akuji held up a red and black Nether Star.

The relic radiated a power that killed all of the guards in one hit.

The Queen's eyes went wide as she gasped in shock.

Akuji grinned before lifting it up again, causing the Queen to collapse.

"WHAT?!" Jun gasped in shock, as he turned around.

"I've seen the power of these relics," Akuji said. "Jun, Nina, join me. Together, we can end this madness."

It was a very promising offer, if one thought about it, however the two of them both realized that it was just an entire scam.

"We'll never join you!" Nina screamed. "You're crazy! What has happened to you, Akuji?!"

"Akuji is gone..." Akuji replied. "And he'll never come back!"

With that, he lifted the relic up and teleported towards Nina, kicking her backwards.

Jun pulled out an iron sword and began to clash with Akuji's diamond sword. Jun was a great fighter but Akuji definitely had the upper hand, since he was able to disarm and knock Jun out.

Nina had gotten back up, and grabbed a block of TNT. She struck it with a redstone torch and threw it at him.

The relic prevented it from hitting Akuji, though. And with a flick of his wrist, the TNT was sent back, hurling towards Nina. The TNT blew up and Nina was sent flying until she crashed into a wall and slumped down, unconscious.

Jun woke up, looking worn out. He looked up to see Akuji, smirking, as he lifted the corrupted relic.

Jun lowered his head as the three of them vanished.

The next thing I saw was Nina waking up, and looking over to see something glowing.

She began running towards it, before stopping halfway through as the light faded away.

And then, I saw myself wake up.