Two💜

The rest of the week went by fast and before you know it I'm putting my gear on heading into work

I was told to report to the Chief's office and then I would meet my partner. I'm nervous and I know I'm a rookie but I'm ready for this.

I walk into the police station and it's like all eyes see on me. Never seen a woman detective I suppose.

I walk up to a desk where a woman just a little older than me smiles up at me. "Can I help you? She asked.

"I'm Violet Reece and it's my first day. I was told to report to the Chief." I smile.

"I'm Penny and it's nice to see another girl around here. Follow me and I'll take you to his office." She said.

"It's nice to meet you, Penny. I'm so nervous." I laugh.

"You will be fine. The Chief is a softy." She smiles then knocks on the door.

"Come in!"

"Chief I have Violet Reece here to see you," Penny said.

When the door swings wider I see a man in his late fifties with gray hair and kind eyes.

"Come in Reece." He said.

"Yes sir," I said

"Have a seat as you know I'm the Chief. Teddy Williams but you can call me Chief." He smiled.

"Thank you, Chief," I said.

"I know you're Uncle Gray." He said.

"Please don't hold that against me." I laugh.

The chief chuckles and shuffles some paperwork. "Now you were recommended as one of the best out of training and I know you have a lot to learn but I'm putting you with detective Holgate and he should be here shortly." He said.

"I appreciate the job Chief and I'll do everything to the best of my ability," I said.

There was a knock on the door and the chief motioned the person in. From where I was sitting I couldn't see.

"Just the man I wanted to see. Detective Holgate this is detective Violet Reece your new partner." Chief said.

I turned and noticed the tall man with tattoos peeking out under his uniform shirt and looked like muscles under that and piercing blue eyes. Oh, fuck me I'm in trouble.

He walked over to shake my hand. "It's Cooper nice to meet you, Violet." He smirked.

"Nice to meet you too," I said sitting back down in the chair.

"Listen I hate to just throw you into anything but it's fast pace around here. Coop I need you two to go over on fifth and do a stakeout." He said.

"Still trying to catch that shit that's being sold to kids in clubs?" Cooper asked?

"Yeah just see if you spot that Jimmaze guy over there but I don't want either of you going in. You hear me?"

"Yes sir," I said.

"I like you already Reece!" Chief smirked. "Now get your asses out of here. Oh, Coop show her to her desk before you go ok? And here is your badge." He said.

I take my badge and slip it over my head. "Sure thing Chief," Cooper said standing up and I follow him out.

"So this is your desk. Next to mine and you will need a notepad for sure and let's go get your issued gun from the back." Cooper said.

"Thanks!" I said grabbing the notepad and slipping it and the pen in my pocket and follow him to the back.

He hands me my handcuffs and all the other things I need along with my gun. I'm so excited because I trained so hard for this.

"Alright let's go. We need to stop for snacks. Not sure how long we will be there. I'm going to run to the bathroom first." He said.

"Sounds good I'll meet you back here in a few," I said walking into the bathroom trying to catch my breath. Holy shit this is really happening and I'm so excited. Doesn't hurt that Cooper is nice to look at.

I get finished wash my hands and walk back to find Cooper standing in the hallway waiting on me. "Ready to go?"

"I'm ready," I said following him out the door and over to the police car.

"Ok, a little backstory on Jimmaze. He's a known criminal in our area and he's a small-time drug dealer. He likes coming to these clubs and passes his shit out." Cooper said.

"What does he sell?" He asked.

"Mostly E and last week that shit was laced with something and a teen died so we have been trying to catch him. Type his name in the system so you can get a look at his mug shot." He said.

I pull up the guy's mug shot and get a good look at him just as we pull up to a spot to hide in and we had a good view of people coming in and out.

"Is he that brazen that he would just walk out the front door?" I ask.

"Fuck yeah he would and he's young and fits right in with those party people," Cooper said.

I take my seatbelt off and write down the things that Cooper told me about Jimmaze and didn't take my eyes off of those doors.

"So tell me about you, Violet. What made you want to be a police detective?" He asked.

"It's just something I always wanted to be," I said.

"There has to be more but I won't push you." He said.

"What about you? What made you want to go into law enforcement Cooper?"

"My dad was a cop and it's about all I know." He laughed.

"He's not a cop anymore?" I ask.

"No, he retired a few years ago and moved to Canada with my mother." He said.

"Wow, that's a far distance away," I said.

"What about your family?" He asked.

"They all live around here on the beach," I said.

"You're a fish?" He laughs.

"If you're asking if I like the beach and to swim then the answer would be yes. I spend a lot of time on the beach." I said.