Fifty-One💜

I could hear them talking outside the door and I hear him boasting about what he had done

When V walks out I don't care who sees us but I pull her close and kiss her forehead. "You were awesome and it's all on record."

"Let's get a copy of that and take it to the chief." She said.

Once back in the car I place my hand on her leg. "I'm proud of you V and he's probably so upset that you weren't upset that she was killed," I said.

"I really don't care how he feels, to be honest, but I do know he and his sister is going down. Courtney deserves that at least." She said.

We pull up at the station and head to the chief's office. I knock on the door and he looks up and smiles and motions us inside.

"Hey, guys! Come in! What do you have for me?" He said.

"Violet here has done it again," I said as we both sit down.

I hand chief the USB that his confession is on. He puts it into his computer and it starts to play.

As Andrew's voice is loud and clear the Chief smiles and continues to listen. Once it's done he grins real wide. "Violet you are my hero. This is a ticket to putting them both away for a very long time." He said.

"I'm happy to hear that chief. I'm relieved he wanted to boast and tell me what he had done." V said.

"Oh, he just didn't realize he sunk his own ship." Chief laughed.

"Chief umm Violet and I are seeing each other and I'm going to be moving in with her. Is that going to be a problem?" I ask.

"As long as you keep your head in the game I'm ok with it." He smiled.

"Thanks, chief. We will be back tomorrow night unless you need us to catch up on stuff." V said.

"No head on out and I'm going to get this recording to the right hands. See you guys tomorrow night." He said.

We headed out and Clint stopped us. "Hey, guys! I'm sorry to hear about what happened but umm I wanted to thank you for the other day. My kids haven't been happier." He said.

"Here take my mom's number and that way Gwen and Roddy can call Alex or Amelia. I know they will love that." V said.

"Thanks I know Gwen has stuff to tell Amelia." Clint laughed.

We get in the car and I look over at V. Want to head to Denny's for food?" I ask.

"Sounds good I'm hungry now that all of that is over with." She smiled.

We pull up at Denny's and head inside and Karen waves us over to her area to sit down.

We sit down in a booth and she walks right over. "What can I get you guys? The usual?" She asked.

"That would be great," I said and V shook her head yes.

I reach across the table and grabbed her hands. "So are you excited that I'm moving in?" I asked.

"I am excited. I never dreamed that my new partner would be my partner in every way." She smiled.

"When you put it like that I'm excited too." I smiled at her.

Karen brought our food and we pigged out like always. I looked up and noticed this guy was always staring at me. I thought maybe he was staring because he's infatuated that I'm a cop or something.

We finished our food and I helped V out of the booth and we went over to pay. We walked out and as she opened the door to the car it happened so fast.

The guy that was watching me rushed out the door behind us and pulled out a gun. I screamed at V to duck down when the guy shot the gun.

I ran after him and tackled him to the ground placing him in handcuffs. Once I dragged him back to the car I saw V on the ground not moving.

I threw him in the back of the police car and ran over to V and checked her pulse and she was breathing. I called in I needed a bus and police at Denny's that Violet had been shot.

"Please V I love you! I can't lose you. Stay with me, Violet." I said.

Police cars come flying into the parking lot and the ambulance was right behind them.

They rushed over to her working on her while Clint and Jeremy were asking questions. I asked them to take the guy in. That I haven't questioned him or anything.

I looked up and saw Gray running to Violet. He's down on his knees working on her. "What happened Coop?" He asked.

"We eat and that guy rushed out after us and just shot. I'm not sure what happened or where she is shot." I said.

"Her vest saved her it seems but she's got blood on her so it had to to have hit her. She's stable let's get her to the hospital and you follow behind ok? Call Levi!" He said as they put her in the ambulance.

I jump in my car and followed the ambulance. I hit the phone on the radio and dialed Levi.

📞Hello?

📞Levi, it's Coop. Listen umm Violet was shot. She's ok it seems from what Gray said but I'm following the ambulance now.

📞Shit ok, I'm on my way now.

📞See you there

We pull up at the hospital and I jump out and run over to the ambulance.

"She's still stable and it looks like she has a flesh wound. The reason she's unconscious is because she hit her head either on the car or ground." Gray said.

"I called Levi and he's on his way," I said.

"Go have a seat and I'll talk to you once I get her settled," Gray said.

I walk over sit down and I'm all to pieces. I love that girl more than I love anyone I can't lose her. I place my head in my hands when I feel a warm touch on my hand and I open my eyes to see Amelia.