Sixty-Seven💜

I love watching V laugh and carry on with Cam and I know he loves feeling apart of her family

He had such a hard upbringing. He stayed at my house growing up a lot.

I sent my mom a text of the ring and a picture of us showing her I'm engaged and she said congrats but that was about it.

It bothered me but I haven't said anything to V. I doubt they would even show up for the wedding.

I feel V squeeze my leg and I looked over at her and smiled. "I'm going to go play football with the guys," I said.

"I think I will sit this one out." She said to me.

We had so much fun playing football and Cam and I took over the game and won big time. Alex couldn't play for giggling.

Levi walked over and patted me on the back. "That ring is a beauty! I know she loves it. She's been gushing over it since you left the table." He laughed.

"Remi and Avah are bombarding her with questions and will have this wedding whipped up soon you just wait." Levi laughed.

"As long as V is happy I'm good and she seems to be. I couldn't wait to propose to her but thank you for saying yes so that I could." I said.

"I'm glad you asked that means a lot to me. I asked Jay and it's just a sign of respect. Did you tell your parents?" He asked.

"I did I texted my mom a picture of the ring and then one of us together and she said congratulations," I said.

"Do you think they would come in for the wedding?" Levi asked.

"I don't know don't think they want to come back it makes it all too real that my sister is gone," I said.

"She died?" He asked as we sit in the sand.

"She died young at seventeen. She had leukemia and my parents really never dealt with it." I said.

"So that's how you met my dad then," Levi said.

"Yeah V bought this solar pink teddy bear we put on her grave. That's when I fell in love with her. To think she didn't know my sister but wanted to do something kind." I said.

"My Violet has always had a kind heart unless you piss her off." Levi laughs.

"I've seen her with criminals so I know she is a badass." I laugh just as she walks over and sits in the sand beside me.

"Are you two talking about me?" She laughs.

"Not much V." I smiled.

"Dad thanks for inviting grandpa to help you tomorrow he acted excited," V said.

"Well, I think it's past time for us all to get along. If you guys can do it then so can I." Levi said.

"I'm glad to hear it and it's a plus that he likes Cam because I'm pretty sure he and Sierrah have hit it off," V said.

"I saw the way they looked at each other. I heard they went on a date too." Levi said.

"They did Coop and I played matchmaker." V laughed.

"I even let him borrow my truck and made reservations for them," I said.

"Well, he's a great guy so I hope it works out," Levi said.

Alex ran over "Mom said come to the table time for dessert."

"Can't miss dessert." I wink at V.

"No, we can't!" She snorted.

We eat so much dessert we were stuffed. Avah gave us some to take home for later.

Cam drove us back home since we all were able to keep our mouths shut about the baby.

Once we got home V went upstairs to lay down while Cam and I went downstairs to play some pool.

"So are you really going to let V have access to your money and buy you a truck?" I ask.

"Hell yeah, I am. I'm going to tell her all I want." He said.

"What about a place to live when you come back?" I ask.

"I was going to ask you to keep your eyes out for something but nothing big like this." Cam laughed.

"This house is way too big even for us with a baby on the way. I hope you are back before it gets here and having to fix a room but on the bright side it's grandpa owns a construction company and the two grandmas would love to decorate." I laugh.

We play a few rounds of pool and then head upstairs and grab a few beers and go out on the deck.

"I'm going to miss being here," Cam said taking a drink.

"I've enjoyed you being here and helping me move and getting to know my future family and maybe yours too." I laugh.

Cam laughs... "Sierrah did look hot in the yellow polka dot dress. She took a selfie in it and sent it to me."

"I hope you two stay in contact and something comes of it at the wedding or once you get back," I said.

"I wouldn't mind a nice house on the beach but they are all too big for me," Cam said.

"I'll look over where Remi and Avah's parents live. It's not far from here nice neighborhood and decent size houses. I'll have Levi looking as well." I said.

"I appreciate that. You know I have the money because I haven't spent anything just been saving it for when I get out. I don't even know what kind of job I would want." He said.

"You have endless opportunities between Levi and Gray and well V and myself as well," I said.

"I need to give that some thought I guess." He said finishing off his beer.

"You have time for sure. I know you will make the right decision you always were the smart one growing up." I laugh.

"No Julia was the smart one." Cam laughed.

I smiled over at him thinking of Julia and finished my beer off too.