Fifty-Nine💜

The next morning we get up early and go for a jog and when we come back we lounge on the couch

"So how's your mom Cam?" I ask.

"She's good living it up in Connecticut with that boyfriend of hers." He shrugged.

"I'm taking it you don't like him?" V asks.

"Nah not really. She calls when she wants money or something but I usually ignore her." He said.

"That explains why you came here instead of visiting her," V said.

"So what do you do in the air force?" V asks.

"I fly planes." Cam laughed.

"What's your rank?" V asked.

"Captain." He said.

"Impressive Cam." She smiled.

"I'm thinking of calling it quits and finish my time out and move back here." He said.

"Really? It would be nice to have you back." I said.

"Yeah I would just need to find me a place but I can think about that later." He said.

"If you guys will excuse me I'm going to lay down. I'm just feeling tired." V said.

"I'll be right back Cam," I said getting up following V up to bed.

"Coop you don't have to come up with me I'm just tired and want to take a nap. You guys go enjoy the game room or theatre or something I'll be fine I promise." She said.

I helped her in bed and leaned down and kissed her. "Just text me if you need me ok?" I said.

"I promise. Love you." She said.

"I love you too," I said kissing her again before closing the bedroom door.

"Is she ok?" Cam asked when i walked back into the room.

"She said she is tired but she may be hurting. She's tough and wouldn't tell you otherwise." I said.

"I like women like that. One that isn't clingy or whiny I can't stand that." He said.

"No one in your life then?" I ask.

"Nah not a soul. I've hooked up here or there with a couple of randoms but nothing worth looking twice at." He said.

"I tried to stay away from V when she become my partner but I just couldn't and it was the best decision I ever made." I smile.

"I can see how much you care about her  Coop and I'm happy for you," Cam said.

The doorbell went off and I jumped up to answer it. I see Levi and Gray at the door.

"Hey, guys comes in," I said.

"Remi and Avah wanted you guys to have dinner and cookies," Gray said.

"Thanks come on in. I'll put this in the fridge." I said.

When I joined them in the living room Levi looked puzzled. "Where is my munchkin?"

"She wasn't feeling well and went upstairs to lay down about an hour ago," I said.

"How about some pool guys?" Cam asked.

"Sure I'm down for that if you guys are," I said.

"Sure we can play a couple of rounds and maybe Violet will be up by then," Levi said.

"You guys go on down I'll grab some beers," I said.

I run upstairs to check on V real fast. I open the door and peek in and she's laying on her side lightly snoring. I shut the door back and get the beers and head downstairs.

Cam and Gray are playing a round of pool so I motion Levi to the theatre room.

"I wanted to talk to you while they are playing," I said handing him a beer.

"Alright shoot. Wait don't shoot." He laughed.

I laugh... "I checked on V and she's sleeping still. But umm what I want to talk to you about is serious."

"I'm listening, Cooper," Levi said.

"I have fallen head over heels in love with your daughter. I knew it before she got shot but when she did it put things in perspective for me and I realize I want to marry her and soon. With your permission of course." I said.

"I see the way you look at her and I know people fall in love quickly. I mean hell that's what happened to Avah and me." He grinned.

"So do I have your approval? I haven't bought a ring or anything but I really want to." I said.

"I think I speak for Avah and me both when I say you have our approval. We love seeing our little girl happy and I know for a fact you will keep her safe." Levi said.

"Thank you so much, Levi. I'm ready to buy that ring." I smile.

"You guys coming to play or what?" Gray hollered.

"We are coming! Hush or you will wake my munchkin up." Levi laughed.

We played for another hour when V came down the steps and was shocked to see her dad and Uncle Gray.

"Hey, guys!" She smiled and went to her dad for a hug and then Uncle Gray.

"We wondered if you were going to wake up and visit with us," Levi said.

"Sorry just wasn't feeling well and needed a nap." She smiled.

"Even if you didn't feel well you never tell us," Gray said.

"Well, I had to get some stitches today in my wound so maybe that made me tired." She said.

"What? It looked good when I checked it yesterday," Gray said.

"The nurse said I could have scratched it or it was deeper than they thought so I got some stitches." She shrugged.

"Let me see Violet. In to the bathroom you go." Gray motioned.

I can't help but laugh at how bossy Gray is. "See what you have to look forward to when you move here," I said.

"You want to get out of the air force?" Levi asked.

"Yeah, I'm ready to have a new career and maybe settle down," Cam said.

"Well between us four we can help you get a job somewhere," Levi said.

"I appreciate that," Cam said.

V comes back out with Gray and they are laughing.

"Well is she going to live?" I ask.

"I think so." Gray laughs.

She walks over and wraps her arms around me. I kiss her forehead and she smiles up at me.