Twenty-Four💜

I get out of the shower and put on a t-shirt and shorts and pull my hair back up in a bun and head downstairs

I make sure the alarm is set and I go over get a drink of water and go to the couch to wait on Coop.

I cut the tv on and lay on the couch trying to stay awake. It wasn't long until Coop came looking for me.

"There you are." He said.

"I was trying to wait for you before I fell asleep." I smile and move my legs so he can sit down beside me.

"You want to go to sleep now? I can go." He said.

"No, stay. We can nap here or go lay down." I said.

He yawned... "Come here you can lay on my lap.

I crawl across the couch and lay on his lap and he smells so good. I turn away from him on my side and he runs his fingers over the side of my hair and I'm out in a matter of minutes.

At some point in time he got up to use the bathroom and I rolled on my side and when he came back he got behind me on the couch and laid down and pulled me close to him.

I turned over and face him and put my head on his arm and our faces were inches apart.

I opened my eyes and saw that he was still asleep. I roamed over his face with my eyes looking at his long eyelashes and his plush lips and I couldn't resist kissing him at that moment.

I gave him a soft peck and then looked at him. I kissed him again and this time he kissed me back.

He opened his eyes and smiled. "What was that for?"

"I just wanted to. Go back to sleep Coop it's only 4 pm and we need more sleep." I giggled.

"Only if I get more kisses like that later." He smiled.

"Deal," I said as I laid my head on his arm and closed my eyes.

When the alarm went off at eight Coop pulled me close to him and sighed in my hair. "I guess we need to get up."

"Unfortunately we do! But I think we can lay here a few more minutes." I said looking at him.

His breath is on my lips as he talks and I can't help but get lost in his eyes. He smiles at me. "Did you hear me V?"

"Sorry I was lost in your eyes." I giggle.

"You were huh? Well, I asked if I could kiss you but by the look on your face I would say that I can." He smirked before placing his hand behind my head as he lowered his lips to mine.

At first, he kissed me slowly and soft and once I wrapped my arm around his neck his tongue was in my mouth exploring every crevice.

We made out pretty heavily when the alarm went off again. "We really need to get up this time and get dressed I'm afraid," I said sitting up.

"Unfortunately we do. But on the bright side, you get to question Quincy." He said.

"True! I'm going to head upstairs and get dressed." I said stretching.

"Alright, I'll go change as well." He said yawning.

When I walk back downstairs I find Coop at the counter eating an apple.
"I didn't think you would mind." He said.

"No go right ahead Coop," I said grabbing a banana.

"You ready to go?" He asks fixing his belt.

"Yeah let me finish my banana," I smirk shoving it in my mouth.

"Damn V. Really?" He laughs.

"Sorry I was trying to hurry," I said throwing the peeling in the trash and grabbing the cookies.

By the time we get to the station, it's almost time to clock in. I grab Chief some cookies and go straight to his office with them.

I knock on his door and he smiles up at me. "Come in Reece."

"Thanks, Chief! I brought you some cookies." I smile.

"That's mighty nice of you. Can you grab Coop so we can go over a few things?" He asked.

"Sure I can do that," I said stepping out of his off and smack dab into Coop's chest.

"Shit! I'm sorry Coop. Chief wants to see us both." I said.

We turn around and walk back inside his office and Chief is on the phone. "Bring Reyes out of lock up and into a holding room, please. Thanks."

"So Reyes is coming to a holding room and just like the other day Violet I want you to get as many questions out of him or let him talk. He's kin to Rob somehow and we need to know if he's selling for Valentine as well or just doing Rob's dirty work." He said.

"You got it Chief I'm ready!" I smile.

"Her dad set up a security system for her so this won't happen again." Coop said.

"Good Idea now go! Oh and thanks for the cookies Reece" Chief smiled.

We walked out back to the patio so I could catch my bearings and be ready to go.

"Remember you need to find out if they are related and if he works for Valentine." Coop said.

"I got it Coop but thanks." I smile up at him and squeeze his fingers. "You watching from the two way right?" I asked.

"You know it. Come on let's go." He squeezes my fingers again before going back inside.

I walk into the room and Quincy is still handcuffed to the table. "I'm here so what is it?" I ask sitting down.

"Listen Rose I only done what I was told." He said.

"Who told you to come to my house?" I asked.

"Rob did... He called me from jail and said deliver that box to you." He said.

"Quincy, do you realize your in a lot of trouble? What if that was a bomb?" I said.

"I'm sorry look I'm just a college kid who did what his older brother asked." He said.

"So Rob is your brother? Why aren't you a Valentine?" I ask.

"Half brother same mom." He said.

"I'm willing to help you get out but I need a lot of info from you Quincy," I said.