Fourteen💜

I wake up a couple of hours later and go brush my teeth and use the bathroom before tiptoeing to Coop's room to find him snoring and I try to hold in my giggle while I head downstairs

I put some chicken on to bake then I'll bbq it and make some mashed potatoes and some veggies and maybe he will be awake by then.

I'm finishing mashing up the potatoes when Coop comes downstairs. "Damn it smells good down here." He said.

"I thought you could use a home-cooked meal." I smiled.

"I didn't know you could cook." He said standing against the island.

"I can't have an aunt like Remi and not be able to cook. She would kill me." I laugh sitting plates on the table.

"Well, that's a plus in a partner. One that can cook." He smirks.

"I hope you like what I cooked. Bbq chicken, mashed potatoes with corn and green beans." I said.

"Oh, I like it all. What can I do? Get our drinks?" He asked.

"Sure grab whatever you want to have and one for me too please," I said placing the food on the table.

He places a Coke on the table for both of us and sits down. "This smells so good V. I really appreciate you cooking."

"Your welcome Coop. We didn't have anything to drink or eat besides junk and then fell asleep." I laugh.

My phone keeps ringing and I just ignore it. Then it rings again.

"You might want to get that V. What if it's something important?" He said.

"Alright!" I said getting up grabbing my phone and see it's my dad.

📞Hey dad!

📞Hey munchkin what are you doing?

📞Having dinner with Coop. I cooked.

📞You did huh? Well, tell him hello. I'll let you get back to your dinner but I wanted to check on you.

📞Thanks for checking Dad. I'm doing good. I love you.

📞Love you too Munchkin bye.

"My dad as you heard. He always wants to check on me. He was happy when I said I wanted to be a detective but he was also afraid." I said.

"Sound like my mom she was terrified when I joined the academy." He said.

We finished eating and I get up and take my dish over to the sink so I can get them in the dishwasher.

Coop comes up behind me and puts his dish in the sink. "Wait let me help or I'll feel guilty." He laughs.

"Fine have at it and I'll clean up the table and the leftovers," I said

"Do you want me to head home after we get this cleaned up?" He asked.

"You don't have to Coop. We can watch a movie or play pool or I got video game systems set up and I have a jacuzzi on another floor." I said.

"Shit do you have a theatre room too?" He asked.

"I do but I don't know how to use the remotes." I giggle.

"You're shitting me." He laughs.

"No, I'm serious Coop don't laugh. I can't figure it out." I said.

"Show me where it is and I'll look at it for you V.," He said.

"Fine, this way," I said going down the steps and bypass the pool table and into another room and it's a big room with seating for up to twenty people and a huge projector screen.

"Holy shit. Can I move in?" He laughs as I hand him the remote.

"If you want." I shrug.

"I was picking at you V but you have a very nice house i'm jealous." He said sitting down looking at the remote.

"Don't be jealous you can come over whenever you want. I slept better with you here." I said sitting beside him tucking my legs under me.

He hit a couple of buttons and the tv comes on. "Well, what do you know." He grins.

He really has a nice smile. I smile back at him and he hits more buttons and a movie pops up. It's that 80's music and when we both look up at the screen it was 80's porn and two hairy people humping.

"Oh dear Jesus! Coop turn it off." I laugh and he's laughing trying to get it off.

"I'm sorry V I had no idea." He laughs.

"Oh my god, that woman looks like a hairy hedgehog." I snort.

He looks at me all serious and then falls over laughing. "I've never heard it called a hedgehog V."

He finally gets it to cut off and looks around the room until he finds a VHS hooked up and he pops the old tape out. "Old and Hairy hedgehogs it's called." He laughs.

"Shut up." I laugh.

He unhooks the VHS player and hooked up the blue ray that was sitting there and I went into the other room to grab something.

"Here is the mask. I know it's old but a good one." I said.

"Yeah, it's one of my favorites." He said taking it from me.

I go over and sit down and put my feet under me. Once he gets it started he comes sits beside me. "Man these seats are comfy!

"We are full we might just fall back asleep Coop." She said.

"That's ok with me if we do as long as you don't care that I'm still here." He said lightly punching my arm.

"I don't care Coop but if you punch me again I might be forced to hurt you." I laugh.

"You hurt me? What with your police training?" He jokes.

"Yes, detective if I recall I saved our butts the other night with my police training," I said.

"Where you kissed me or threw yourself on me V?" He laughed.

"That was necessary. I've never threw myself on any man." I said.

"So just women?" He grabbed my arm.

"How dare you, Coop." I giggle and smack his chest.

"Damn that hurt." He said rubbing his chest.

"Good you deserved it." I snort.