Seven💜

I'm glad that I came here with Violet

I'm glad that I came here with Violet. Her family is amazing and damn this food is good.

I love watching Violet's family interact and how excited her brother and sister are about Violet carrying a gun.

"So Cooper are you from here in Oak Island?" Remi asks.

"Oh yeah born and raised here," I said.

"He lives in the apartment building that mom did," Violet said.

"Oh cool!" Avah smiled.

"Your parents still around here?" Levi asked.

"No, they moved to Canada to be with my grandfather.

"Any siblings?" Avah asked.

"Umm not anymore," I said.

"Mom let's not talk about that," Violet said.

I'm thankful she said that while all eyes are on me.

"Come on Coop let's walk down the beach and walk all this food off." Violet snorts.

I can't help but laugh. Her snorts are cute. "Thank you guys for inviting me and for all this delicious food." I smile.

"Come back any time!" Remi smiled helping Ruthie grab the cookies.

"Wait we need a couple of cookies," Violet said getting up and grabbing a few.

Once outside and walking up the beach with cookies in hand. "Guess running is out of the question in this gear huh?" I laugh.

"Yeah, not a smart idea I would think." She smiles over at me.

"So are we close to your house?" I ask her.

"Oh, you wanna see my big ole house?" She smirked.

"I'm curious." I smile.

"How about these cookies?" She asks.

"They taste like heaven in my mouth. Which is your favorite Violet?" I ask.

"The coconut and the strawberry cookies are my favorites." She said.

"You don't like your own cookie the best?" I ask.

"No, but I do like the color of it." She smiles as we stop at her steps.

"Fuck we gotta walk up all of these?" I laughs.

"Yeah sorry, no other way around it." She laugh.

We get to the top of the steps and I stop to catch my breath. She turns around and laugh when she see me.

"Come on old man let's go get a drink," She said unlocking the door.

"Wow, this is nice Violet." I said looking around.

"Thanks! What would you like to drink? I have water, lemonade, Gatorade, Powerade, beer, pop, and milk." She said.

"Wow, a variety but I'll take a Gatorade please." I said.

She grab two Gatorade's and tells me to follow her. She lead me to the living room and we sit down on the couch that's facing the big window that had a great view of the beach.

"Wow what a view you have here." I said sitting down beside her.

"Thanks I haven't had time to spend in here a lot but I do like the view."

"This is a big place for you all alone." I said looking around.

"Yeah, I hope it's something I can get used to. If not I may need to get roommates. You said you have one?"

"Yeah and he knows you. He said y'all went to school together." I said.

"Really? Who is it?" She ask.

"Jesse Mina," I said.

"Oh wow yeah, we graduated together. He was always a nice guy. He still with Amanda?" She ask.

"Yeah, they are still together." I said taking another drink.

I can't help but notice her lips move as she drinks. I lick my lips and turn my head to look out at the beach.

"So you go down to the beach daily?" I ask.

"I try but now with working, I probably won't be able to but I plan to run every morning after work down the beach," She said.

"Alone Violet?" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess so. I mean I need the exercise. I don't stay in shape by eating cookies and sleeping." She snorts.

I chuckle... "Maybe I can run with you. I need more exercise in my life and well I can't exercise at the complex."

"That sounds good. You can follow me home and we can run. We can avoid the steps at least once." She laughs.

"Show me the rest of the place and I probably should go so that I can get some sleep before work tonight." I said.

So she show him the rest of the house and well I liked the game room best. "You play pool?" I asked.

"I dabble." She laugh.

"Maybe we can play sometime." I said as we start walking back down all those steps.

By the time we get back to her parent's house they are outside on the porch and the kids playing in the sand.

I walks over and say bye to the family and thanked them for the breakfast.

"I'll see you tonight Violet. Try and get some sleep." I smiled and got in the car.

"I plan to. Cya later Coop." She said before heading back to the porch where her family was.

I drive home and get into the apartment to find Jesse and Amanda in the living room.

"Hey man, where have you been?" Jesse asked.

"Oh, I went and had breakfast with Violet and her family," I said.

"Oh wow already getting in thick with the Reece's." Amanda laughs.

"Nah she just wanted everyone to meet her partner. No big deal." I said.

"If you say so, Coop," Jesse smirked.

"I'm headed to bed I gotta work tonight. Later guys!" I said walking to my room.

I lock my gun up and take my clothes off and head straight to bed. A shower can wait until later.

I set the alarm and drift right off to sleep with a full belly.

When my alarm goes off it's 9 pm and I get up and shower and get dressed for tonight.

My mind always goes to Violet. She seems like a great person and I'm trying to be professional here but damn she makes me feel some type of way.

I shake the feeling off and grab my gun out of the safe and put my belt on and head out to my truck.